Adams Temple | The Boneyard

Adams Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey, missed some layups that we know he would usually make, only turned it over once though. Many people on the board, me included, thought he couldn't be a floor general, and he would play more off the ball next year with AG coming in. 8 assists though, kid is gonna be a star, we were thinking next year, but it's happening before our eyes right now

Reaction Score
He actually has different skills. Better creating his shot to the rim, not as good outside, but he's as talented overall for sure. And maybe more.

Reaction Score
He reminds me so much of freshman kemba. Shows that ability to get to the basket at will when the confidence is there. If he puts in the work on his shooting over the offseason he's going to be special quickly.

Reaction Score
Both Kemba and Bazz were occasionally out of control in their early careers, it's not a good thing, but it's not something to worry about.

Reaction Score
His mistakes were mistakes of aggression - not terrible ones. The time he picked up his dribble and got trapped he got a pretty good body block to knock him off his path, but didn't get a call (I won't complain - it was a similar play that Purvis made at the end of the second overtime where I was relieved not to hear the whistle). Maybe with about 3 mins left, he attacked the rim a little too quickly after we got a fresh shot clock, but it wasn't egregious.

The oop to Miller, though, was something you just can't teach. He single-handedly broke the press with some shiftiness and explosiveness to wrong foot a defender, and then came out of it making a good read instead of just feeling good about himself and flying to the rim.

Reaction Score
100% frosh Kemba ; lightening off the bounce and clutch to boot. He changes direction like its nothing . Somehow nobody has figured out he is a magician with his right hand

Reaction Score
He can also make good things happen when he penetrates, even when he misses. He gets the ball up around the rim on penetration, which allowed Brimah to clean up a couple of Jalen's misses today. Our other guys don't give us as much of a second chance at tips and putbacks when they penetrate (they often get swatted, or stripped driving into traffic).

Reaction Score
The oop to Miller, though, was something you just can't teach. He single-handedly broke the press with some shiftiness and explosiveness to wrong foot a defender, and then came out of it making a good read instead of just feeling good about himself and flying to the rim.
The bounce-pass for the dunk at the end was even better. That's my favorite pass in the game, and not every kid sees it - let alone is able to throw it.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
One of the most gifted slashers we have ever had...and he's only a freshman

Reaction Score
I thought Kemba playing out of control was a big reason we lost to MSU in the Final Four. DHam is the only other player who can attack the basket and score on this team. Just have to keep Adams focused and under control.

Reaction Score
Still got 11 points on 9 shots and had a 8:1 assist to turnover rate. He needs almost zero room to operate. He's also our best on ball defender of our guards (edge over Purvis because of length). The kid is a stud.

Reaction Score
The ball movement is significantly better with Adam's on the floor. As good as Hamilton can be, the offense was stagnant with him as the primary ball handler

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
His 1 on 1 blow by speed in half court sets is rare.

Lots of guys like Lurvisnare fast in the open court. Adams' first step acceleration is extraordinary.

Reaction Score
I thought Kemba playing out of control was a big reason we lost to MSU in the Final Four. DHam is the only other player who can attack the basket and score on this team. Just have to keep Adams focused and under control.
He seems to have improved his attitude from the beginning of the season. From behind the bench I have observed him sulk when KO or a teammate would council him after a bad play. This seems to have gone away. I was concerned about him earlier in the season but those fears have gone away. I think it is a result of some tough love from KO not being afraid to bench him for periods of time. I know some people here were complaining about him being benched at times earlier in the season, but i think it has paid off. BTW we had a previous coach that used tough love as a coaching method and it paid off.

Reaction Score
After the timeout it looked like he was arguing with KO. Then he seemed to realized he made a mistake and put his head down.

Reaction Score
This is Jalen's thread but Hamilton seems to have seriously upped his game.
He still needs to work on embracing contact rather than shifting his body, making his FGA low percentage looks. He's an average shooter, so he really needs to get to the line on days where his shots aren't falling. It would help him become way more consistent, and we need him to be considering how many possessions he uses.

Reaction Score
I love the kid. Came here to lead and has not dissapointed. Of course he's had some struggles, but the dude is born to lead.

Reaction Score
He's been better than Kemba and Shabazz are, but in a similar vain. (Talented, but raw.) Of course, Adams didn't have the benefits that Kemba and Shabazz had. (A senior/Junior all star point guard and leader.)

He's just so impressive to me. The kid is already in my "all time favorite Huskies' list. (And was before the shot.) He's so smart. And so very talented. And he's clutch. Just a great package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom