Adams, Purvis, Gibbs, Hamilton and ???? | The Boneyard

Adams, Purvis, Gibbs, Hamilton and ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Is it too early to try this lineup?

Hamilton is not a PG. Why UConn expends his energy bringing the ball up the court is beyond me. I can understand in transition but Hamilton handles it way too much outside of 25'.

Adams definitely brought energy the second half and the team fed off of it.

Gibbs and Purvis need to on the arc on the wings to catch and shoot. Both of them were shooting off-balance 3 pointers. They need their feet set when they catch the ball.

Reaction Score

Hamilton is not a PG. Why UConn expends his energy bringing the ball up the court is beyond me. I can understand in transition but Hamilton handles it way too much outside of 25'.

Gibbs and Purvis need to on the arc on the wings to catch and shoot. Both of them were shooting off-balance 3 pointers. They need their feet set when they catch the ball.
They were not open to set their feet, especially Gibbs. Our lack of inside scoring bigs means that the defensive guards don't have to help. The result is that Gibbs and Purvis have to drive to the rim and throw something up. Neither one looks to pass or create off a drive either. We couldn't make a shot in the first half and when missing, no second chance. I agree on Adams, he's a point.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Just stop playing Calhoun. I love that he never gives up, but he has no place on be court vs a ranked opponent.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Just stop playing Calhoun. I love that he never gives up, but he has no place on be court vs a ranked opponent.

An analogy can be made to a boxer in a fight (against a power puncher) that will not give up, but needs to be saved from himself by the trainer.

Reaction Score

Not too early at all. This lineup would provide better ball movement and free up Gibbs for more shots. Put Amida in the middle to protect the rim. This line up may not work against say a Gonzaga type team, but we could get away with it against most teams. Hope to see it on Saturday.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Need to play defense, make free throws and take better shots for 40 minutes. The half court defense last night was atrocious in all aspects, on ball, off ball, help.

We gave away at least 10 pts on empty garbage possessions that had zero chance of resulting in an offensive rebound opportunity, let alone actual points. The bail out over shoulder flips and floaters from the free throw line need to stop immediately. Nerf basketball is played with more precision.

Reaction Score
Gotta mix in Enoch and Facey. I hope Enoch is learning quickly. Need him bigtime.

Prefer to see Nolan sit.

Agreed we need Brimah in there for now because his physical skills are too valuable to waste. Enoch needs more experience and a little physical development but add in a couple of inside moves and he could be a major piece on both ends. He is athletic and seems to have his feet organized quickly enough to play defense with his legs. Seems like some of those Norwalk hoops instincts are in his blood but time will tell.

Reaction Score

Did you see us getting killed on the boards this game? This lineup would be worse than that. Probably be fine on offense, but yikes.

Reaction Score
Did you see us getting killed on the boards this game? This lineup would be worse than that. Probably be fine on offense, but yikes.

The odd man out in this lineup would be Miller and he only had 4 boards last night anyway. I don't think a smaller lineup would work against everyone, but at this point we don't have much choice. We can't let this offense stagnate any longer.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Brimah. Purvis and adams up top with the ball. Gibbs and D Ham at the corners to space the floor. But my god that is a terrible rebounding lineup. Would need lots of turnovers and fast break points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom