Adams Pull Up J | The Boneyard

Adams Pull Up J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Adams had a move in the second half that will give defenders nightmares.

Even as an inconsistent Frosh he has shown the ability to blow by his man 1-1 and get to the rim.

But his pull up J from the elbow of the FT line is a shot that will make him money. He got past his man, stop, squared up and Rose straight up vertically and drilled it. That shot will kill zones, keeps big men from rotating over and eliminates the charge because he isn't leaning or floating. It was a stop and pop.

Reaction Score
Also, we know he has struggled from 3, but to me it always seemed like nerves, I think it'll pass, his stroke is too good. I think next year we will see a very versatile Adams.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He made a pull up J in the 4th OT that can only be described as cold blooded

That's the one. I just saw the highlights again. 4th OT from the left elbow.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
After a big offensive rebound by Facey. He gave us quality minutes and played great D
Facey deserves more time at the 4. Defensively he's better than miller.

Reaction Score
I think he's going to be the type of guy that lives in the gym this summer taking shot after shot and comes back next year a different player. We've seen it time and time again and he seems to have that desire. He's going to be an absolute monster next year.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I know what shot your referring to, I thought something similar when I saw I in the 4th OT. Yet the move that Jalen has shown to be able to complete consistently that will REALLY make him rich in the NBA is when he attacks the rim, picks up his dribble and does a half euro step, half floater where he scoops the ball over defenders heads one handed. I can't explain it via text but it almost looks like a Rajon Rondo back fake but more out to the side.

Reaction Score
The adjustment to sophomore PG is difficult for most kids. The sophomore slump is real. He's going to be improved, but he'll struggle, and people here will kill him for it. They did to Kemba and Shabazz before him.

He'll make great strides on a team that I think will be improved from this year, but it will be his junior year when he really becomes the beast we all want, I think.

Reaction Score
Adams has the following combination of traits that make him a tremendous prospect:

Very long arms.
Great handle.
Great motor.
Cocky/Swagger.
Confident.
Extremely quick.
Nose for the ball.
Excellent defender. Did you see his FTS! block in one of the overtimes?
Natural leader.
Big. Big. Balls.

He is the heir apparent, and, again, he should be given the wheel right now.

Reaction Score
He is the heir apparent, and, again, he should be given the wheel right now.
Any and all arguments ended yesterday. DHam can be the leading scorer and secondary facilitator, others can do their things, but Adams hit two game saving shots. Give the kid the ball and let him lead.

Reaction Score
Adams had a move in the second half that will give defenders nightmares.

Even as an inconsistent Frosh he has shown the ability to blow by his man 1-1 and get to the rim.

But his pull up J from the elbow of the FT line is a shot that will make him money. He got past his man, stop, squared up and Rose straight up vertically and drilled it. That shot will kill zones, keeps big men from rotating over and eliminates the charge because he isn't leaning or floating. It was a stop and pop.
If he develops a consistent mid range jumper and decent three point shooting to go along with his driving ability he can be a very special player.

Reaction Score
How about that step-back 3 he had earlier in the game? It looked like a pro move

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
So are we officially annoiting him as "Cash Adams"? I like it.

Kids game reminds me of a less athletic/explosive Westbrook, yet he is more skilled offensively at this point in time than RW was. Similar style going to the rim, creative finishing, and uncanny mid range pull ups.

Last edited:

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
So are we officially annoiting him as "Cash Adams"? I like it.

Kids game reminds me of a less athletic/explosive Westbrook. Similar style going to the rim, creative finishing, and uncanny mid range pull ups.
Are we?

I thought we were already there. Cold, Hard, Cash.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Any and all arguments ended yesterday. DHam can be the leading scorer and secondary facilitator, others can do their things, but Adams hit two game saving shots. Give the kid the ball and let him lead.

Back to back sets today, Hamilton came off off screens and Adams hit him for catch and shoot shots. That uses both of their strongest points.

Reaction Score
I beg Purvis and Gibbs to watch how Adams and Dham use the pull-up J. For some reason Purvis and Gibbs believe they must get ALL the way to the hoop when they penetrate and their conversion rate is absolutely hideous. Purvis especially can beat his guy with the bounce fairly consistently. But why not just pull up ONCE. Drives me nuts.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I beg Purvis and Gibbs to watch how Adams and Dham use the pull-up J. For some reason Purvis and Gibbs believe they must get ALL the way to the hoop when they penetrate and their conversion rate is absolutely hideous. Purvis especially can beat his guy with the bounce fairly consistently. But why not just pull up ONCE. Drives me nuts.
The number of too deep penetration jokes I just thought of is mind boggling.

Reaction Score
Back to back sets today, Hamilton came off off screens and Adams hit him for catch and shoot shots. That uses both of their strongest points.
Those were my favorite plays of the game. The ability to get the ball to a shooter chest-high and in rhythm is absolutely crucial for a point guard, and something Adams wasn't particularly good at earlier in the season.

Kid is gonna be Kris Dunn-level good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3