Adams may have figured this thing out | The Boneyard

Adams may have figured this thing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
He can't just get everyone involved, has to be Kemba, he has to be Bazz, he's AJ, he's Special K

We're going as far as he can take us

willie99

Reaction Score
Everybody else is a roll player

Reaction Score
We play best when Jalen has the ball in his hands. He needs to create for everyone.

Reaction Score
He's been a beast for the last 40 minutes of basketball. Ridiculous Kemba level stuff. Unfortunately, the supporting cast isn't quite there, and the first 20 minutes against OKST was atrocious...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I mean, I get that Jalen is still a potential elite player and our hopes hang on his development, but I guess I'm just pumping the brakes on him having "figured this thing out" when he's just two halves removed from an absolutely abysmal performance and an uneven start to the season, to put it kindly. And one of those halves was against a team that never for one second feared that we were going to beat them because of the hole he helped us dig; and the other is against a Div. II team.

willie99

Reaction Score
It's like some of you didn't watch him emerge down the stretch last year

PLEASE

:confused:

Reaction Score
He looks confident now and will be our best player without question if Larrier is really done. But one of Enoch, Jackson, Facey, Brimah or Durham need to become a 10 PPG scorer because we can't have only guards scoring.

Reaction Score
Looks great offensively. Doesn't, play a lick of defense and quite frankly it's not acceptable to me. The entire effort today is embarrassing (as a team) and I think it's on the coach. I understand they may be a little tired from last night and depth is lacking but nobody is held accountable on this team. 10 turnovers in a half and he's allowed to continue. I don't care if a damn walk-on has to bring the ball across half court, or at least try, he has to feel the pine under his ass. I'm not saying for a long while but there are no repercussions for failure.

Reaction Score
Looks great offensively. Doesn't, play a lick of defense and quite frankly it's not acceptable to me. The entire effort today is embarrassing (as a team) and I think it's on the coach. I understand they may be a little tired from last night and depth is lacking but nobody is held accountable on this team. 10 turnovers in a half and he's allowed to continue. I don't care if a damn walk-on has to bring the ball across half court, or at least try, he has to feel the pine under his ass. I'm not saying for a long while but there are no repercussions for failure.

He was an excellent defender last year. He's on and off this season, but he's certainly not the biggest problem on defense.

willie99

Reaction Score
I know we have tons of issues, like rebounding, inbounding the ball and defending the three

But at least on the offensive end, he's been a stud after a piss poor start against OSU. He's looking like the player who finished last year

Sometimes you just need for that switch to be flipped, and that would be yuuuuuge for us

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Said this in chat and in another thread but I think it warrants re-posting:

Jalen rising to the occasion the past 2 games eerily reminds me of mid-season Kemba his soph year (2010).

-Both similarly lead sophmore PGs
-Both on under-performing teams
-Both had/have 3 key seniors who we thought would lead the way, but couldn't/haven't (Dyson, Stix, Edwards -- Rodney, Facey, Brimah).

Kemba didn't emerge until halfway through the year, Jalen is emerging earlier out of necessity/injury.

Adams will be a FORCE next year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There are no other PG choices right now
You have to look at what JA has shown overall - he has been good at D at times but being the only ballhandler leaves him gassed but I agree that he needs to step it up on D
Yep another one to pin on KO - hey James - you got a new friend here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog