Adams injury may be our only hope | The Boneyard

Adams injury may be our only hope

Reaction Score
Our season is hosed, no doubt. It's been that way since game 3. Most of us realized very early the AAC tournament is our only chance at the post season. Considering our circumstances, i have no problem getting rolled by Houston if it means Rodney, Vance, Vital and whoever are forced to get more experience with Adams on the bench. Everyone who played horribly against Houston needs to get better. So I'm fine with Adams sitting another game or 2. We need the experience it affords everyone else.

Reaction Score
I still saw no quit and Vance and Vital actually hit some threes. We need those two shooting threes with confidence by tournament time. If that happens and Adams is back playing well by AAC tournament time then maybe we have a chance.

I don't care for all the doom and gloom. To me UCONN basketball is about finding a way. Unfortunately our only way is the AAC tournament. So I'm going to sit back and watch a lot of lousy basketball and hope our young kids evolve into something.

Reaction Score
This is absolutely no upside to Adam's injury. It is like saying Tom Brady should get hurt so his backup can play a few quarters.
I disagree. If Tom Brady's backup was actually expected to play i would want to get him reps as well.

Vital, Purvis, Jackson, etc... they are not backups. We are going to need all of them. At this point, considering all that's happened i have no issues throwing them to the wolves without Adams to bail them out.

Reaction Score
Vital, Enoch and Jackson are playing way more minutes due to Gilbert, Larrier and Diarra being out, but I don't think having Adams out helps anybody. I get that you could argue that Adams' injury allows for big minutes for Vital at the point, but next year, the team will have Adams, Gilbert and Ashton-Langford to rotate at the point, so Vital will rarely, if ever, be asked to lead the ball carrying and facilitating.

Looking back at the Houston game, it is nice to know how different next year's team will look when everyone's healthy.

Line up v. Houston
4- Facey, Durham
3- Jackson
5- Brimah, Enoch
2- Purvis
1- Vital

Projected lineup for 17-18

4- Diarra, Polley
3- Larrier, Jackson
5- Enoch, Durham, Carlton
2- Adams, Vital
1- Gilbert, Ashton-Langford

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I disagree. If Tom Brady's backup was actually expected to play i would want to get him reps as well.

Vital, Purvis, Jackson, etc... they are not backups. We are going to need all of them. At this point, considering all that's happened i have no issues throwing them to the wolves without Adams to bail them out.
if larrier and gilbert didnt get injured their minutes would have been reduced

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom