Adams and Bouk have earned 30 min on the court | The Boneyard

Adams and Bouk have earned 30 min on the court

Reaction Score
First off great to see Gilbert play the way he’s capable of and he is a big pest on the D.
I think we have a lot of what it takes but both ADAMS and Bouk are the true impact core. Bigger minutes is a natural progression for positive play from those two. I don’t care if they start or what have you but their impact play is undeniable. I think bouk can avg 20 per 30 minutes played. It puts more force on other teams if we can have smaller periods of slower offensive production

Reaction Score
For anyone in Hurley’s system to average 30 mins or even close to it, they have to start because hurley doesn’t sub before the first tv timeout in each half unless he has to because of fouls. B Adams is playing great and he is being rewarded with mins but Bouknight really needs to be at 30 mins or close to it. It’s starting to get ridiculous watching him be our 4th sub into the game

Reaction Score
This is the deepest team they have had in years. They have 4-5 guards that could start, you can't start them all. Light on the bigs but reinforcements are coming next year. Adams is a great bench piece, Book is. great energy and athleticism off the bench. He isn't going to unseat either of the Vital. or Gilbert. Just chill with it. I like the rotation. I like the way things are going. Lets be happy for once and revel in the greatness that UConn Basketball can be again!

Reaction Score
Is he our best scorer? Clearly. Is he our most important piece? Maybe. Is he playing adequate defense yet? No.

He played half the game today. That will creep up. For him to play more than anyone else, he'll have to contribute more on the other end of the floor

Last edited:

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
For anyone in Hurley’s system to average 30 mins or even close to it, they have to start because hurley doesn’t sub before the first tv timeout in each half unless he has to because of fouls. B Adams is playing great and he is being rewarded with mins but Bouknight really needs to be at 30 mins or close to it. It’s starting to get ridiculous watching him be our 4th sub into the game

He made a rare exception today, taking Carlton out at 17:05 in the 2nd.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nobody on this team should be playing 30 minutes if it can be avoided. We are too deep and keeping the defensive intensity up is critical. Keep rotating in fresh defenders and we will continue to wear down opponents.

Reaction Score
If you walked up to me last year and told me Adams should be playing 30 mins next year, I’d say to you that Jalen is graduating this year. Nah but for real who last year thought that Adams was going to be our best player on the court at some times

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nobody on this team should be playing 30 minutes if it can be avoided. We are too deep and keeping the defensive intensity up is critical. Keep rotating in fresh defenders and we will continue to wear down opponents.

I would slightly modify to say no one is guaranteed 30 min. Each get will warrant 2-3 players getting around 32-33 min.

Reaction Score
Against bigger and stronger bigs we're going to need Carlton

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Team ball before counting minutes I say. We'll need everyone to max out our potential. The more I see, the more faith I have in how DH doles out the PT.

Yep. He’s doing a great job so far. That’s a major part of being a good coach. And he’ll have to do an even better job next year because we’ll have additional, high ranked talent.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If you walked up to me last year and told me Adams should be playing 30 mins next year, I’d say to you that Jalen is graduating this year. Nah but for real who last year thought that Adams was going to be our best player on the court at some times
Something changed with his agility/flexibility(Sal’s work?). Last year he played very stiff and flat footed kind of had trouble moving around the court, staying in front of guys. This year he seems to be on the balls of his feet moving much more fluidly.

Reaction Score
I really don't think minutes matter all that much since Hurley seems to be doing a good job at managing a roster where 10 guys can contribute. I'd like to see all 10 get plenty of minutes so that we can wear teams down with our depth. Very few teams have guards coming off the bench that are as good as Bouknight and Adams. And on the subject of Adams, WOW he has improved.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Since Bouk has started playing and our rotation has expanded to 10, the only time anyone has played 30 minutes or more was the double OT game against Xavier. I think if Hurley had his druthers, everyone would play 20, give or take 2 minutes. Real world, I think we are looking at 6, maybe 7 guys in the mid 20s and the remaining 3 or 4 in the low teens.

Reaction Score
First off great to see Gilbert play the way he’s capable of and he is a big pest on the D.
I think we have a lot of what it takes but both ADAMS and Bouk are the true impact core. Bigger minutes is a natural progression for positive play from those two. I don’t care if they start or what have you but their impact play is undeniable. I think bouk can avg 20 per 30 minutes played. It puts more force on other teams if we can have smaller periods of slower offensive production

Adams played 26 minutes tonight, so you and coach Hurly are 4 minutes apart.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hate to do this, but......this team kinda reminds me of 89-90 dream team. 10-11 deep wit many player combinations possible for a win. If DH can get players to buy in to results and not individual minutes and stats, there is a high sky limit.
Best part is out of Juniors and seniors there isn't a sure fire NBA talent, so buy in should he easier than if upperclassmen had to peak perforn for NBA chances.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom