Adamec: UConn's Collier set to take best shot as senior | The Boneyard

Adamec: UConn's Collier set to take best shot as senior

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UConn's Collier set to take best shot as senior

She'll enter her final season with 1,609 points, 808 rebounds, 239 assists, 174 steals and 187 blocks. If she can reach 2,000 points, 1,000 rebounds, 200 steals and 250 blocked shots, she'd join her former teammate, four-time Final Four Most Outstanding Player Breanna Stewart, as the only Huskies to reach those plateaus. No UConn player has 2,000 points, 1,000 rebounds, 250 steals and 250 blocked shots. Collier's career best in steals for a season is 64.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou and Pheesa should both finish in the top 4-5 in UConn career scoring. I believe they will be the highest scoring duo in the same class in UConn (NCAA?) history.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Lou and Pheesa should both finish in the top 4-5 in UConn career scoring. I believe they will be the highest scoring duo in the same class in UConn (NCAA?) history.

NCAA TOP DUO in same class
Quick look shows Kelsey Plum (3,527) and Chantel Osahoe (1,144) at 4,671 total points.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Quick look shows Kelsey Plum (3,527) and Chantel Osahoe (1,144) at 4,671 total points.
It’s a little bit of a stretch to consider Plum & Osahor a scoring “duo” when one outscored the other by 2,400 pts.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
It’s a little bit of a stretch to consider Plum & Osahor a scoring “duo” when one outscored the other by 2,400 pts.

Can you deny their point total? Will the NCAA feel as you do relative to their total points being the record or not? I

I am quite literal. Duo is duo. I don't care about how you or anyone else want to slant it so a pair of UCONN players can claim some pretend honor that belongs to someone else. Adjectives be damned! :rolleyes::D

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Speaking of duos, how about those Aaron brothers?

768 home runs.

Henry 755, Tommie 13.

Lou and Napheesa will be the first UConn classmates with 2000+ points each. The dynamic duo. I am really looking forward to every moment they are out there in 2018-2019.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Can you deny their point total? Will the NCAA feel as you do relative to their total points being the record or not? I

I am quite literal. Duo is duo. I don't care about how you or anyone else want to slant it so a pair of UCONN players can claim some pretend honor that belongs to someone else. Adjectives be damned! :rolleyes::D
Yes, you are literally correct. Since we’re talking about duo’s setting basketball scoring records, it’s worth noting that Al Attles and Wilt Chamberlain set the all-time single game NBA scoring record for 2 teammates with 117 pts on March 2, 1962 for the Philadelphia Warriors vs the NY Knicks.

Attles had 17 pts and Wilt chipped in with 100. :oops:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Yes, you are literally correct. Since we’re talking about duo’s setting basketball scoring records, it’s worth noting that Al Attles and Wilt Chamberlain set the all-time single game NBA scoring record for 2 teammates with 117 pts on March 2, 1962 for the Philadelphia Warriors vs the NY Knicks.

Attles had 17 pts and Wilt chipped in with 100. :oops:

A record is a record.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
So all that Lou and Phees have to do is score 1,351 points. If they have anything close to their Sophomore year (1,501 points), they will break it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A record is a record.
Here’s some trivia. Attles was 8/8 from the floor and 1/1 from the foul line. Had he missed a single shot, he would not have shared the 117 pt scoring record for two teammates with Wilt.

Paul Arizin and Tom Meschery both had 16 pts in that game, 1 shy of Attles.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks. It makes sense that a duo would include a very high scorer. That’s within reach gift Lou and Pheesa.

Reaction Score
A record is a record.

It's not a record. It's an interesting stat. In this era of sortable stat data we are inundated with obscure stats. i.e. "XXX is the only player to have at least 50 doubles 50 stolen bases, less than 10 errors and who went through at least 15 pairs of cleats in a season"

Interesting to talk about, but records are those things that have been compiled over many decades, not something invented to fill air time.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It's not a record. It's an interesting stat. In this era of sortable stat data we are inundated with obscure stats. i.e. "XXX is the only player to have at least 50 doubles 50 stolen bases, less than 10 errors and who went through at least 15 pairs of cleats in a season"

Interesting to talk about, but records are those things that have been compiled over many decades, not something invented to fill air time.
Back when games were called by a single announcer, they simply told you what was going on in the game and that was about it. A good “play-by-play” man was worth their weight in gold.

But today, there’s three commentators doing the game, a sideline reporter, a halftime team of additional commentators. and a statistician or two with access to an endless supply of sortable data on their laptop. Unfortunately, all these people have to earn their pay by talking about something.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
It's not a record. It's an interesting stat. In this era of sortable stat data we are inundated with obscure stat. i.e. "XXX is the only player to have at least 50 doubles 50 stolen bases, less than 10 errors and who went through at least 15 pairs of cleats in a season"

It is no longer an obscure stat. Is it? :) Had the original poster added qualifiers like yours, then I would have used them as the boundaries of what was desired. In the business environment I would have questioned the prospects/customers to determine what qualifiers they have in their head which their words did not convey. Money was at risk. On this board I take people's statements verbatim. I am not about to engage in a dialog to determine exactly what they mean. Therefore they get a response to the exact words they used. Now if the original poster wishes to qualify the query, I will be happy to respond appropriately. However, as you can see below the original poster is most satisfied. So...
upload_2018-7-3_18-59-58.png

MilfordHusky: Thanks. It makes sense that a duo would include a very high scorer. That’s within reach gift Lou and Pheesa.

Such a reasonable person is MilfordHusky!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom