Adamec Talks Line Up | The Boneyard

Adamec Talks Line Up

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Part of the reason for starting Dangerfield, Auriemma explained, was to keep the returning starters - three of whom were All-Americans - in positions they were successful in a season ago. In her debut, Stevens also looked comfortable in her reserve role as she had 15 points, seven rebounds, three assists and four blocked shots."

This one talks Crystal and this and that.

UConn meets Division II champ Ashland

Pheesa weighs in on the freshmen: "I've seen them getting better every day in practice and gaining more and more confidence," Collier said. "It's obviously just the beginning for them and I think you're going to see a lot from them this year."

Reaction Score
"Part of the reason for starting Dangerfield, Auriemma explained, was to keep the returning starters - three of whom were All-Americans - in positions they were successful in a season ago. In her debut, Stevens also looked comfortable in her reserve role as she had 15 points, seven rebounds, three assists and four blocked shots."

This one talks Crystal and this and that.

UConn meets Division II champ Ashland

Pheesa weighs in on the freshmen: "I've seen them getting better every day in practice and gaining more and more confidence," Collier said. "It's obviously just the beginning for them and I think you're going to see a lot from them this year."
Point Guard is one position that can't be tampered with too long or too often. The other 4 need to know what to expect and get it. Danger is still learning but way ahead of last season. But there will be games Stevens will start or play significant minutes. I kept asking : Who will back up Danger? The answer is right there on the floor--KIA! That opens a spot for Coomb's or Walker or Touly.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

I feel bad for Irwin and Bent. None of the journalists seem to ask how they are doing. Perhaps they think they know the answer.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
"All-American Gabby Williams picked up two fouls in a seven-second span of the opening 1:27 but stayed on the floor and didn't get her third foul until late in the third quarter. The senior had eight points and nine rebounds to go with four blocked shots."

Perhaps Gabby should dial back her game starting aggression. Against top tier teams she may get into foul trouble, get subbed out, and wait a long while if her replacement, Stevens, and her other teammates are tearing it up.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Huh? None of the journalists? There were two articles about them posted last week. You should know; you posted them.
I know. But the focus is more the frosh than the these sophomores. I hope they can have some semblance of success at UCONN so they get more mentions than they do. They get two articles and the frosh get a score.

Reaction Score
Rocky: I must be recovering from my dementia! Notice above I (me, myself) posted K I A without having a hissy fit about the implication as I did a year or two ago over P. O. W. I have since learned they mean Kia Nurse and Player of the Year---you know? It helps to learn the language---or acronyms.
Geno and Christine will allow access to all players and point reporters to some players who need some PR. I wouldn't worry about who get what in the press. The newbie 4 have been covered like blankets. Molly, Irwin, Danger show up daily. And the Fab 4 plus Z what can one say about them that hasn't been said??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom