Adamec Strikes Again | The Boneyard

Adamec Strikes Again

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As part of the postgame celebration of win No. 1,000 for head coach Geno Auriemma and his associate head coach Dailey, several members of the 1985-86 Huskies -- their first team -- were introduced to the sellout crowd. Among the players returning to the state was Jennifer Weideman.

"She came from France and that's pretty impressive," Dailey said. "I don't know if I would have come all that way.

"When I think of Jen Weideman, we had to explain to her who John Wooden was. So we've come a long way from that first year."
"One of the things about this is program is that it's bigger than you," UConn forward Azura Stevens added. "Every player that comes into this program feels that responsibility to carry on what has been done here. You don't want to be that player or team that brings things down. You want to carry on the legacy and the tradition that's here. There is so much history."

"Samuelson, who entered the game shooting 84.1 percent for her career and 85.7 percent for the season from the foul line, missed both ends of a two-shot foul for the first time in her career with 6:57 remaining. Her next free throw will be No. 200 of her career ... Nurse made the 200th 3-pointer of her career in the second quarter, the 12th UConn player to reach that plateau. "I didn't know that," Nurse said with a smile.

Auriemma's first team gets better with age

Reaction Score
Just loving how excited Z is and how much good will she brings to this team.

Lou missed her two foul shots under "my" basket, and the very basketball-savvy woman next to me said: Lou's exhausted. There were times she looked beyond tired out there. There is a wrap around her left ankle, and dull pain can really bleed you of energy, but she just shoulders on, playing every second of the game until Geno took her out with less than 2 minutes to go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky
Top Bottom