Adamec: Samuelson ready to roar into her 20s | The Boneyard

Adamec: Samuelson ready to roar into her 20s

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Carl's piece on Lou who just turned 20.

"I need to be stronger and be able to play through anything. I don't want to be taken out of the game by the other team being physical. I want to be strong, get open when I need to, and not be a liability on defense. That's a big thing for me. And I want to be more of a leader in all aspects and do that more by action by being consistent in every facet."

Carl also talked to CD who was at the WBHOF induction ceremony for Kara Wolters. Sally Bell was also inducted, which prompted CD to say something that I'm sure crossed the minds of many: "I joked as Kara was walking up to the stage that Sally could call a foul on her," Dailey said with a smile.

Of course, CD followed that up with: "I was happy for Sally, too. She was a quality official at the highest level for a long time. She started at a time when it was for the love of the game."

Finally, Carl mentions that practice for the Italy trip starts on August 1. The team is allowed 10 practices before departing on or about August 12. I believe August 1 will be the start of a recruiting quiet period when recruits can make unofficial visits to campus. I wonder if Geno will use this opportunity to host some young recruits who would get an up-close look at a UConn practice or two. I've got some in mind: Boston, Bueckers, Fudd, Ducharme.

https://www.sny.tv/UConn/news/samuelson-ready-to-roar-into-her-20s/239027134

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Ducharme?
Can we add ONO and C. Williams?

Christyn Williams will be taking an official visit in the fall, no?
ONO surely is welcome to visit if she is so inclined.

Caroline Ducharme, c/o 2021 kid from MA. 6-0 G who plays for Nobles and Greenough School. Super smart. She would have been at U16 trials but for an injury. She's one to keep and eye on and UConn staff is doing just that. She just visited and received an offer from Maryland. Lots of elite schools looking at her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Christyn Williams will be taking an official visit in the fall, no?
ONO surely is welcome to visit if she is so inclined.
Caroline Ducharme, c/o 2021 kid from MA. 6-0 G who plays for Nobles and Greenough School. Super smart. She would have been at U16 trials but for an injury. She's one to keep and eye on and UConn staff is doing just that. She just visited and received an offer from Maryland. Lots of elite schools looking at her.
Thanks.
Yes, but Summer is earlier/better than fall for a C. Williams visit to Storrs.
I hope ONO is similarly inclined.
Caroline Ducharme is now officially on my radar.
Caroline Ducharme.jpg

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Maybe @masshusk77 knows something about Ducharme. She played varsity for Nobles as an 8th grader. Her older sister Ashley just graduated from Nobles and will start playing for Brown in the fall.

Reaction Score
I believe August 1 will be the start of a recruiting quiet period when recruits can make unofficial visits to campus. I wonder if Geno will use this opportunity to host some young recruits who would get an up-close look at a UConn practice or two. I've got some in mind: Boston, Bueckers, Fudd, Ducharme.

I am not really sure that coaches want recruits visiting in the summer when the campus is virtually empty and there is a lot of construction going on. A school makes a better first impression when everything is remodeled and spic and span for the Fall semester.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I am not really sure that coaches want recruits visiting in the summer when the campus is virtually empty and there is a lot of construction going on. A school makes a better first impression when everything is remodeled and spic and span for the Fall semester.
That is usually true, but with the Italy trip and practice, good summer weather and no classes, it would be a great time to hang with the team and coaches ... and the Dairy Bar is definitely OPEN! Usually coaches and players are home for those three weeks of August

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That is usually true, but with the Italy trip and practice, good summer weather and no classes, it would be a great time to hang with the team and coaches ... and the Dairy Bar is definitely OPEN! Usually coaches and players are home for those three weeks of August

I would think some young recruits would be thrilled by the opportunity to spend some time with the best team in the country and watch some practices that occur once every few years. This would be particularly true for recruits who live within driving distance of CT. Somehow I doubt the presence of some cranes and cement trucks would detract from the experience. It can't be worse than visiting for a game in January and February.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
A bit of history with Nobles: a while back Ayla Brown played there. I saw her as a frosh and thought we should be checking in with her.
I heard that Geno did have interest at some point...no offer though. She had a solid career at Boston College....I think she would have realistically competed for a complementary type position in Storrs....small forward type. Her Dad ...Scott Brown....was elected Mass. senator at one point....I think he is now our ambassador to New Zealand. Ayla is a wonderful singer....was on one of those American Idol shows. She has sung the anthem many times in important places....including big games for the Celtics. Now in Nashville... I think pursuing a singing career. One Ray Allen has given her some shooting tips when Ray was a Celtic!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom