Adamec: Netherlands sweep....AND...a look at some targets | The Boneyard

Adamec: Netherlands sweep....AND...a look at some targets

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Huskies sweep Netherlands national team in Rome

Frankly I don't know if the evaluation info on the USA16 team [Berube's team] in Carl's article is brand new...I think it is.

Carl has a lengthy article on our Netherlands sweep but then scroll down a bit to hear some wisdom from Carla about some of the kids on her 16U gold medal team.

Note especially her thoughts on Aliyah Boston...2019 big...Worcester Academy. I believe Aliyah was voted MVP of that event. Zia Cooke [Toledo Ohio] and Paige Bueckers [Minnesota] and Sam Brunelle [Virginia] also get some praise tossed their way.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There are some virtual "must gets" for UConn on that U16 team. That is different from "must haves"; those you need to thrive. Must gets are simply those you really, really want. Sort of like that BB gun in the Christmas Story.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Huskies sweep Netherlands national team in Rome

Frankly I don't know if the evaluation info on the USA16 team [Berube's team] in Carl's article is brand new...I think it is.

Carl has a lengthy article on our Netherlands sweep but then scroll down a bit to hear some wisdom from Carla about some of the kids on her 16U gold medal team.

Note especially her thoughts on Aliyah Boston...2019 big...Worcester Academy. I believe Aliyah was voted MVP of that event. Zia Cooke [Toledo Ohio] and Paige Bueckers [Minnesota] and Sam Brunelle [Virginia] also get some praise tossed their way.
Boston, Brunelle and Bueckers: Is it too soon to start calling them the Killer Bs? Gee, if you were a post (Tina Charles), a wing (Maya Moore) or a point guard (Sue Bird) wouldn't UConn be a good place to develop and maximize your talent while winning multiple national championships on the way to international, Olympic and WNBA success? I'm just saying.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

There are some virtual "must gets" for UConn on that U16 team. That is different from "must haves"; those you need to thrive. Must gets are simply those you really, really want. Sort of like that BB gun in the Christmas Story.
Keep in mind that the 5 players mentioned in the article as UCONN recruiting targets span 3 different HS graduating classes and more importantly could encompass all five different positions. Brunelle (SF/PF), Boston (C/PF), Cooke (PG) -2019 : Bueckers(SG)-2020, Fudd SG-2021. So technically not only will there be room for ALL of them on the roster there will room at many/most of the positions. Really surprised that neither Carl nor Carla mentioned Kylee Watson ( who was on the team) and played solidly and has already visited UCONN. BTW, of all the players Carla had the highest praise for Azzi Fudd comparing her to Maya Moore, in a separate recent ESPN article.

Reaction Score
This was a really important story because of the reports on those three highly regarded players. Who knows if UConn will get any of them, but it's rfeassuring to know the Huskies are in the running for all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom