Adamec: lengthy article on Brianna Banks | The Boneyard

Adamec: lengthy article on Brianna Banks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
http://www.journalinquirer.com/articles/2012/12/01/sports/doc50b8d5609e173645970488.txt

The link is to Carl's article in today's JI. It sure sounds that Brianna is both pleased with how she is playing yet also determined to get better every day....pretty much a home run in terms of attitude.

Is this premature....or just crazy....or something else? Assume that Brianna continues to develop over the next 2 and 1/2 years. Her playing time will tend to go up as more responsibility falls her way. Her numbers may never be awesome in terms of straight stats due to our depth and her career numbers might be somewhat modest due to her slow start as a frosh. But: After her senior year I can see BB being selected for the Kodak AA team [10 members] and wind up with her name on the UConn Wall of Honor as befitting all players who achieve first team AA status.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting.
As for AA - certainly a possiblity. Generally Uconn players tend to have less gaudy stats than others getting AA consideration because the offense is run to get the best shot and not feed a specific player - points, assists, and rebounds get shared out among the whole team. The advantage the Uconn players get is great exposure and team success. Same is true for NPOY and other seasonal national awards.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't know about AA status, but high draft pick is a real possibility. She has a WNBA body.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I love the progress she's made this season so far. I continue to feel as I did before that BBanks will be the exception to Geno's rule, where what he sees by the time a player is a junior is what he's gonna get. I think Brianna had a steeper learning curve when it came to learning the game itself than many other recruits, especially the ones who are less physically gifted (99%). IMO she will continue to show marked improvement even in her senior year.

If she ever comes close to tapping her potential while wearing a Husky uniform, look out !!! She's just scratching the surface now.....

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Seldom is there unamimity of opinion among Boneyarders. We don't march in lock-step like the array of talking heads on either MSNBC or Fox News who all echo one another's views on each respective channel.

But at the halftime gathering of 'Yarders at the Colgate game I expressed the view that I had never before seen such dramatic improvement in a player from one season to the next as I/we have seen in Brianna Banks as a sophomore in contrast to her freshman year.

All present (a small but representative segment) agreed enthusiastically! And with high expectations that she will keep up her stellar play against all upcoming opponents, er, programs.

This unscientific poll had a margin of error of about, um, 10%.

Reaction Score
Seldom is there unamimity of opinion among Boneyarders. We don't march in lock-step like the array of talking heads on either MSNBC or Fox News who all echo one another's views on each respective channel.

But at the halftime gathering of 'Yarders at the Colgate game I expressed the view that I had never before seen such dramatic improvement in a player from one season to the next as I/we have seen in Brianna Banks as a sophomore in contrast to her freshman year.

All present (a small but representative segment) agreed enthusiastically! And with high expectations that she will keep up her stellar play against all upcoming opponents, er, programs.

I had been thinking the exact same thing, so you can add one more number to your sample size. Thanks for reporting your survey to the BY review team - - I'm sure there will be some who are mildly critical of your methodology, but who cares, what BB is achieving makes us all feel great and proud as fans! :D

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

I agree

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In terms of 1-year improvement, Brianna has been extraordinary so far. I hope she keeps it up. I think Tina really improved in year 3, and Ketia improved in year 3 and/or year 4. So far, Brianna's improvement is more substantial. She has gone from someone Geno didn't trust to possibly good enough to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom