Adamec: Depaul's Lister excited for UConn reunion | The Boneyard

Adamec: Depaul's Lister excited for UConn reunion

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Really nice piece by Carl. Quotes from Jasmine are quite the testament to Geno, his staff and his program.

DePaul's Lister excited for UConn reunion

"I see them a lot, but I still want to tell them, 'Thank you,' " Lister said. "They've done a lot for me. They taught me a lot about basketball and a lot about myself as a person. They took someone in from another program, someone they didn't know, and treated me like one of their own. And even though I've been gone for a year they are still looking out for me and still make me feel like I'm a part of it. They didn't have to do all that and I'll always remember it."

"A lot of people think players come to UConn and it's all basketball all of the time. So much more goes into it. You grow there, on the court and as a person. It's taken a lot of work to get what they have achieved and reach the standard that they have. That sticks with you."

Reaction Score
How nice to see:

"Jasmine Lister knows what it's like to be on the opposite sideline from the University of Connecticut women's basketball team. The former Vanderbilt University point guard faced the Huskies in the 2013 NCAA tournament second round at Gampel Pavilion.

She'll get a second shot at UConn Friday night, this time as a first-year assistant coach at DePaul as the Blue Demons entertain the top-ranked Huskies at Wintrust Arena in Chicago.

Her experience in between, though, is what will bring out the emotions in the Corona, California, native. Lister earned her masters degree in sports management from UConn in 2016 and spent two national championship seasons as a graduate assistant on coach Geno Auriemma's staff."

Reaction Score
"My second year at UConn there was the USA national team camp. Coach Bruno was there and he later told me that I had caught his eye. And we had also played DePaul in Bridgeport and he had remembered me from then."

I'm sure she did catch Doug's eye. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom