Adamec: Collier looking to reach new heights | The Boneyard

Adamec: Collier looking to reach new heights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Yet another amazing stat in the linked article.

There are only eight women's bb players to accomplish a "gold trifecta + one" (gold medal(s) in international play, plus NCAA championship, plus WNBBA championship, plus Olympic gold medal). Just eight!

Five are UConn alumnae (Diana, Sue, Kara, Swin and Maya). [N.B. When you have the stature of these five, last names are unnecessary.]

This is simply amazing. Maybe dominance is the right word?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
She'll be in Colorado or China from July 25 to August 28...yikes!
I hope she schedules some downtime after the gold medal game on August 10 while in Colorado. There are a ton of wonderful things to do in Colorado Springs.

I think that Napheesa/Katie Lou and DeJanae have already made their 'official' visits to UConn....I wonder if any of 'em will also be on hand for First Night in October...maybe with Asia Durr? Championship rings....guy-side...gal-side...smoke and music...some dancing...a great evening to kick off the season.

Reaction Score
It would be great if Asia Durr came for First Night in October along with her future teammates!

Reaction Score
I'm anxious to see Collier play in the 3 x 3 with Samuelson and Boykin. It should be a good demonstration of their individual skills.
Regarding a couple of the above posts: If Durr does commit to UConn, that would mean Durr, Collier, Samuelson, Boykin and Butler (positions 1,2,3,4 and 5) would be first year players for the Huskies in 2015. Here's the question. If there were 2 UConn teams entered in the AAC with one composed of the first year players, Where do you think they would finish in the AAC ? I know, no subs. It's a theoretical exercise.

Reaction Score
After reading Adamec's article I now know why Napheesa Collier chose UConn - she had inside info that Katie Lou was going to pick UConn for her college career, and since she thought that Samuelson was the best player she ever played against, that way she wouldn't have to worry about facing her in college except in practice!

Reaction Score
After reading Adamec's article I now know why Napheesa Collier chose UConn - she had inside info that Katie Lou was going to pick UConn for her college career, and since she thought that Samuelson was the best player she ever played against, that way she wouldn't have to worry about facing her in college except in practice!

Another way to view the same set of facts (and a very UConn way) is that this way she'd get to play against that best player every day in practice.

Reaction Score
I like the reasoning of Rocky Rococo. I had two daughters that were swimmers. When they practiced with better swimmers, they themselves improved dramatically. One swam at UConn. Its not brain surgery. I was a college basketball player. Always wanted to play against the best, been when I got my - - s whooped.

Reaction Score
Why would you say something like that? Ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Welcome Philly to the board. Wonkster's tongue is firmly implanted in his check in the vast majority of his/her posts.
You might want to rephrase the question into something like "Are you serious when you say something like that"?
Calling comments ridiculous (even when they are which occurs frequently on this board) will only result in confrontation.
Unless, of course, that was your intent.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Welcome Philly to the board. Wonkster's tongue is firmly implanted in his check in the vast majority of his/her posts.
You might want to rephrase the question into something like "Are you serious when you say something like that"?
Calling comments ridiculous (even when they are which occurs frequently on this board) will only result in confrontation.

We should know by now how snarky those Philly pholks can be.:rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm impressed by Napheesa. Consistently.

Here's a stat: Sue Bird has TEN Gold Medals with Team USA. Does anyone have more? That's a LOT!

Reaction Score
I'm not trying to be confrontational at all. I just reacted to what I read, it sorta bothered me. How would Napheesa feel reading something like that?
As far as confrontation goes, I'll fight for what I feel is right, after all I am a soldier..Lol

Reaction Score
I'm anxious to see Collier play in the 3 x 3 with Samuelson and Boykin. It should be a good demonstration of their individual skills.
Regarding a couple of the above posts: If Durr does commit to UConn, that would mean Durr, Collier, Samuelson, Boykin and Butler (positions 1,2,3,4 and 5) would be first year players for the Huskies in 2015. Here's the question. If there were 2 UConn teams entered in the AAC with one composed of the first year players, Where do you think they would finish in the AAC ? I know, no subs. It's a theoretical exercise.
That is a difficult question to answer because I would want to know who would be left on the current team. Stewie and MoJeff would be seniors, your 1 and 4. Tuck and Chong would be Juniors, potentially a 2, and 3... or Tuck goes to the 4 and Stewie is a 3???? Then you would have Nurse, Williams, Ekmark, and Edwards. So you take one or two of those players... maybe not take Chong... who knows...

So to answer your question I think UCONN team 1 and UCONN team 2 would be the first two teams in the AAC

Reaction Score
We should know by now how snarky those Philly pholks can be.:rolleyes:
We have a reason to be these days..... Just to let you know, I love UCONN like I love all Philly teams, and believe me, that's a whole lotta love!

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
The Philly guys I know have a great sense of humor, especially after a few brewskis.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
True, True.
Yeah, but they talk funny, unlike us perfect Nutmeg natives. Worked one summer when I was in college with several Philly guys and picked up that ##**#@ accent. Took me months to get rid of and I even started eating Hoagies instead of grinders.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Yeah, but they talk funny, unlike us perfect Nutmeg natives. Worked one summer when I was in college with several Philly guys and picked up that ##**#@ accent. Took me months to get rid of and I even started eating Hoagies instead of grinders.

Legend has it that the Hoagie (precurser to grinders, heroes, subs, etc.) originated with the workers at the World War I shipyard at Hog Island (thus its name) who made that huge sandwich (lots of ingredients on a long hard roll) a staple of their midday pastime. With a Yuengling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom