Adamec: A little Lou and some Old and New | The Boneyard

Adamec: A little Lou and some Old and New

Reaction Score
Among the former UConn players spotted in the sellout crowd were the program's first All-American, Kerry Bascom, as well as Kris Lamb, Kelly Schumacher, Ashley Battle and Kelly Faris, and our lady Lobo.

But more important to the Huskies were three high school stars sitting in the front row: 2017 United States U-16 teammates junior forward Aliyah Boston (Worcester Academy), sophomore point guard Paige Bueckers and freshman wing Azzi Fudd. For the Minnesota native Bueckers and Virginia native Fudd, it was their second unofficial visit to UConn in a month. All three have scholarship offers from UConn.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
People that Lou may be able to pass on the career 3-point list:

Bonnie Samuelson

Karlie Samuelson

Diana Taurasi

Maya Moore

Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis

Has any other family had 3 players each with 200+ threes. The Samuelson girls can surpass 800 as a trio.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I loved the interaction between Karli and Katie Lou.

Shortly after the game ended, middle sister Karlie Samuelson, now playing professionally in Italy, tweeted: "Nothing more I love to do than watch my sister play basketball. Such a fighter."

"Karlie watches every game and she'll go back and look at things and give me tips about what I can do better," Katie Lou said. "It's not scoring things I can do better, it's little things like about being a good teammate and impacting the game in different ways that don't show up in the stat sheet."

I am so glad Karli is making her way in international ball and love how she really looks up to Katie Lou. Sisterly love is awesome. One of my favorite clips.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Among the former UConn players spotted in the sellout crowd were the program's first All-American, Kerry Bascom, as well as Kris Lamb, Kelly Schumacher, Ashley Battle and Kelly Faris. ...
I think you missed one, Kaizen, I'm pretty sure Rebecca Lobo was there as well. :rolleyes:

Also, some secret video evidence:

I remember seeing Kris Lamb's name now and again, but didn't know anything about her, so I did a little research. WOW, I must have been living under a rock. Maybe some of the newer members might enjoy this:

"Kristin Lamb was a Guard for the UConn Huskies from 1986 – 1990. She was Coach Auriemma’s first recruit in his first year as Head Women’s Basketball Coach at UConn. Kris was Big East Freshman of the Year, a two-year team co-captain, and helped her team win it’s first ever Big East Tournament Championship. In March 2010, I had the pleasure of talking to Kris from her office at Longwood University, Farmville, Virginia where she is the head women’s basketball coach, about her experiences as both a player and coach."

"Kris earned her Bachelors Degree in Parks and Recreation and continued her education at UConn earning her Masters Degree in Sports Administration. While earning her masters degree, she became an assistant coach to Coach Auriemma for three years experiencing their first ever trip to a Final Four."

There is a lot more HERE.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Among the former UConn players spotted in the sellout crowd were the program's first All-American, Kerry Bascom, as well as Kris Lamb, Kelly Schumacher, Ashley Battle and Kelly Faris. But more important to the Huskies were three high school stars sitting in the front row: 2017 United States U-16 teammates junior forward Aliyah Boston (Worcester Academy), sophomore point guard Paige Bueckers and freshman wing Azzi Fudd. For the Minnesota native Bueckers and Virginia native Fudd, it was their second unofficial visit to UConn in a month. All three have scholarship offers from UConn.
Significant on two fronts: 1) First written confirmation of a Boston offer from UCONN. Many of us had assumed she had an offer but no written confirmation. 2) Fudd is a freshmen class of 2021 and Geno's youngest offer ever-Maybe?

Reaction Score
Significant on two fronts: 1) First written confirmation of a Boston offer from UCONN. Many of us had assumed she had an offer but no written confirmation. 2) Fudd is a freshmen class of 2021 and Geno's youngest offer ever-Maybe?
Yes, you are absolutely right. I think Fudd is the youngest offer ever by Geno, she must be very good.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think you missed one, Kaizen, I'm pretty sure Rebecca Lobo was there as well. :rolleyes:

Also, some secret video evidence:

I remember seeing Kris Lamb's name now and again, but didn't know anything about her, so I did a little research. WOW, I must have been living under a rock. Maybe some of the newer members might enjoy this:

"Kristin Lamb was a Guard for the UConn Huskies from 1986 – 1990. She was Coach Auriemma’s first recruit in his first year as Head Women’s Basketball Coach at UConn. Kris was Big East Freshman of the Year, a two-year team co-captain, and helped her team win it’s first ever Big East Tournament Championship. In March 2010, I had the pleasure of talking to Kris from her office at Longwood University, Farmville, Virginia where she is the head women’s basketball coach, about her experiences as both a player and coach."

"Kris earned her Bachelors Degree in Parks and Recreation and continued her education at UConn earning her Masters Degree in Sports Administration. While earning her masters degree, she became an assistant coach to Coach Auriemma for three years experiencing their first ever trip to a Final Four."

There is a lot more HERE.

That's funny. I just did the exact same thing. She's been on a coaching journey. AND her biography told me something I didn't know about the early years at UConn. Under Geno they went from cellar dwellers to Champs in 3 seasons! Very, very (that's like a really, really) impressive.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes, you are absolutely right. I think Fudd is the youngest offer ever by Geno, she must be very good.
The list of sophomore to get offers is pretty short. I think it includes Gemelos, Brunelle, Bueckers, and not too many others.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
KML, Espinoza-Hunter, Erin Boley....

Anyone know when EDD was offered?
Thanks. EDD would have been 2006 as a soph. I’m not sure Geno did that, even for a mega-talent, that far back, especially after the Gemelos debacle.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
KML, Espinoza-Hunter, Erin Boley....

Anyone know when EDD was offered?
Not with regards to UCONN but I know that EDD was holding a UNC offer in 7th grade.

Reaction Score
Among the former UConn players spotted in the sellout crowd were the program's first All-American, Kerry Bascom, as well as Kris Lamb, Kelly Schumacher, Ashley Battle and Kelly Faris, and our lady Lobo.

Damn, how did Ashley Battle get invited and not Kaleena or Kara?
:)

Reaction Score
Who is Gemelos?

Jacki Gemelos, promising guard from northern California who verballed as a sophomore around 2005. Later un-verballed (as the rumor goes because she wanted to stay near her boyfriend). Famously Geno cursed her out when she called saying she had changed her mind.

Gemelos Leaves Uconn In Lurch.

Went to USC but knee injuries largely derailed her career

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jacki Gemelos, promising guard from northern California who verballed as a sophomore around 2005. Later un-verballed (as the rumor goes because she wanted to stay near her boyfriend). Famously Geno cursed her out when she called saying she had changed her mind.

A few additional details:

JG was ranked roughly where Tina was ranked.

Geno thought she could be the next Taurasi.

She played at St. Mary's in Stockton. Other players at St. Mary's have included Chelsea Gray and Aquira Dacosta.

I think she averaged well over 30 ppg as a senior.

JG played at USC and was there for 6 years, because of more knee surgeries. I believe she has played a little in the WNBA, but she basically has Caroline Doty's knees.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Wow. That was not good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson