Adama update? | The Boneyard

Adama update?

Reaction Score
Does anyone have an update on Adama’s status with the Bulls and in general? After he made the team, it appears he hasn’t played at all. Just wondering. Thx

Reaction Score
Does anyone have an update on Adama’s status with the Bulls and in general? After he made the team, it appears he hasn’t played at all. Just wondering. Thx
He's kicking butt down in the G League and waiting his turn to be called up to the Bulls. I expect that will happen sooner rather than later.

Guard? Wtf? If he had guard skills at 6-9 and 245 he'd be in the NBA already. Lol

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Mac McClung is dominating as well. I hope he and Adama are given a legit opportunity at the next level.

Reaction Score
He's kicking butt down in the G League and waiting his turn to be called up to the Bulls. I expect that will happen sooner rather than later.

Guard? Wtf? If he had guard skills at 6-9 and 245 he'd be in the NBA already. Lol
Or named Magic Johnson

Reaction Score
Sanogo couldve had 20-30 against the Spurs, who now have 16 losses in a row.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Somehow, against all the rules of basketball analytics, the Timberwolves are winning in the NBA with two centers playing over 30 mpg. How is that possible when many of the basketball geniuses on this board have told us that the way to win is with 5 guards standing behind the three point line, jacking bombs? Could it be that analytics is still relatively early days, and will eventually appreciate the benefits of high percentage close shots, additional free throws, and put backs?

Let's hope for Adama's sake that some of these "stats experts" get their head out of their butt.

Reaction Score
Somehow, against all the rules of basketball analytics, the Timberwolves are winning in the NBA with two centers playing over 30 mpg. How is that possible when many of the basketball geniuses on this board have told us that the way to win is with 5 guards standing behind the three point line, jacking bombs? Could it be that analytics is still relatively early days, and will eventually appreciate the benefits of high percentage close shots, additional free throws, and put backs?

Let's hope for Adama's sake that some of these "stats experts" get their head out of their butt.
Probably because of those "centers" is a power forward shooting 43% from 3 on 5 attempts a game

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Probably because of those "centers" is a power forward shooting 43% from 3 on 5 attempts a game

Centers = bad under the current iteration of analytics. So even though Gobert is shooting 62% from the field, he should come off the court and a 35% 3 point shooter should hang out a mile from the basket in case the first four 3 point shooters can't get a shot off. And forget about rebounds, or free throws. Those are bad. Need more low percentage 3's. That is how analytics works, right?

I have said before that the fact that the Celtics were able to trade a short, aging guard that was over-rated in his prime (Marcus Smart) for one of the best centers of this generation (Porzingis) is as clear a sign as you need that the "analytics experts" are total freaking idiots. Justifying the current stupidity in basketball roster construction and coaching with "analytics" is an insult to actual statisticians and really anyone that works with numbers.

Reaction Score
Centers = bad under the current iteration of analytics. So even though Gobert is shooting 62% from the field, he should come off the court and a 35% 3 point shooter should hang out a mile from the basket in case the first four 3 point shooters can't get a shot off. And forget about rebounds, or free throws. Those are bad. Need more low percentage 3's. That is how analytics works, right?

I have said before that the fact that the Celtics were able to trade a short, aging guard that was over-rated in his prime (Marcus Smart) for one of the best centers of this generation (Porzingis) is as clear a sign as you need that the "analytics experts" are total freaking idiots. Justifying the current stupidity in basketball roster construction and coaching with "analytics" is an insult to actual statisticians and really anyone that works with numbers.

You are the most obtuse person I've ever managed to encounter. I feel stupider for reading this.

Reaction Score

Dude huh? You’re comparing Clingan/Johnson to Gobert/Towns? Which one of Clingan or Johnson can play away from the basket the way Towns does? Because that’s what makes it work

Reaction Score

Wow. This is as straw as a strawman gets. Congrats.

Reaction Score
When Andre is traded to the C’s he will get his call
Andre playing 12/14 min with Celtics might make sense
Doesn’t fit offensively but could rebound and maybe defend if he was motivated

Reaction Score
You are the most obtuse person I've ever managed to encounter. I feel stupider for reading this.
You might be on to something
But you have to agree that porzinkas is one
Of the best centers of his generation LOL!!!!!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Wow. This is as straw as a strawman gets. Congrats.

You would think that the opposing position I laid out was a strawman because it is so ridiculously over the top that no one would embrace it, yet a lot of people do.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

You think Smart is better than Porzingis. Got it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Dude huh? You’re comparing Clingan/Johnson to Gobert/Towns? Which one of Clingan or Johnson can play away from the basket the way Towns does? Because that’s what makes it work

I am saying that the current analytics is wildly overrating the incremental benefits of a 4th or 5th 3-point shooting wing (who is often mediocre) over the benefits of playing big.

Put another way, a team will get more and better 3 point attempts if it plays bigger. More mediocre shooters does not result in better 3 point attempts.

Reaction Score

This is bad even for your usual standards. Just an insane strawman

Reaction Score

Posters literally told you when you tried to get your "the NBA hates height" talk off the last time that's it the playing style that has shifted in the league, not height. TWolves can play 2 centers together because one of them plays like a big ass wing/guard.

Reaction Score
You would think that the opposing position I laid out was a strawman because it is so ridiculously over the top that no one would embrace it, yet a lot of people do.
They definitely don't. Not as you've laid it out anyways.

Show me any reputable opposition to that trade for the reasons you've stated. The entire internet is your oyster.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Andre playing 12/14 min with Celtics might make sense
Doesn’t fit offensively but could rebound and maybe defend if he was motivated
Maybe defend if he was motivated? I can see the skepticism about Andre's giving it his all-he was such a lazy player at UConn...

Did you forget the s/?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom