Adama Sanogo. Big body | The Boneyard

Adama Sanogo. Big body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When was the last time we had a really solid body. Seems like sometimes..
Cincinnati like body
Hes a throwback big. Hes a true low post guy who is looking to dominate the paint. When he puts it all together hes going to be scary. If he stays for 3 years he`ll be in the running for POY.

Reaction Score
Hes a throwback big. Hes a true low post guy who is looking to dominate the paint. When he puts it all together hes going to be scary. If he stays for 3 years he`ll be in the running for POY.

Absolutely. Could be really special

Reaction Score
I said "could"... take with a grain of salt
I think your instinct is right. But, until he bangs against larger, more athletic peers it’s hard to know.

Reaction Score
It was only 1 game but its nice seeing a player live rather than a highlight clip.

His foot work was better than I expected but I really loved his presence around the basket and the anticipation on where to be for a rebound. A big body guy with quick feet and quick elevation who always put himself in the right spot was Zion Williamson.

A good intangible to have.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of some of the big guy Pitt teams that battle for ever board and has a soft touch around rim,,,Cant wait for him to slam one in and let the stanchion shake

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Is Adama big enough to be an NBA center? I think he'll be a helluva 3-4 year player.

Reaction Score
Is Adama big enough to be an NBA center? I think he'll be a helluva 3-4 year player.

Potentially. Plenty of 6'9 centers in the league but they're generally a lot more certically gifted than Sanogo. He's a 3-4 year player for that reason imo

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He’s plenty big enough. He had a measured wingspan of 7’2.5 as a sophomore in high school. The problem is that he’s not as athletic as the other centers in the league with similar size. He’s likely a 4 year college guy, with a shot at the league afterward, imo. Especially because he came in young and a little raw in some ways.

Reaction Score
I cannot wait to see Sanogo develop over the course of this season. We have not had a big guy with that kind of talent and potential in years.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Body reminds me of adrien. Solid and wide
Time will tell. But built like JA coming in..

I could have sworn I made mention last night of Sanogo being a bigger JA. But, it must have never made it from brain to keyboard.

Definitely see the comparison with the offensive boards, quick off the feet and the soft baby hook.

Reaction Score
I could have sworn I made mention last night of Sanogo being a bigger JA. But, it must have never made it from brain to keyboard.

Definitely see the comparison with the offensive boards, quick off the feet and the soft baby hook.

Like minds..
1st guy coming in with a huge frame and already big in a few seasons.

Reaction Score
Can't really think of a perfect comp for Sanogo in terms of recent draft picks/NBA. Azubuike is a little taller, Stewart and Oteru are similar sized but I think are a little more agile then Sanogo

C

Chief00

He’s actually lost weight since coming to UConn. I am uncertain if he’s plateaued out or has a few more pounds to lose and what if any impact on lateral speed or quickness? His straight line speed seems pretty good for such a big guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom