Adam Amin | The Boneyard

Adam Amin

Reaction Score
What a story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...bd41a2ce4d5_story.html?utm_term=.d99f7b34f40a

"How on the turbulent Earth did the fourth son of immigrants from a giant country long discouraging toward female athleticism end up as the exhilarated play-by-play voice of the very American women’s Final Four?"

"That’s how a 5-foot-3, 110-pound hell of a man who could play some cricket in the 1950s and 1960s in Karachi, Pakistan, and who later came to adore, of all things, the Chicago Cubs, wound up as a touching tangent to the women’s basketball Final Four. That was April 1, 2018, in Columbus, Ohio, just 27 days after the sudden end of the 80-year life of Mohammed Amin, Adam’s father: 40 years around Karachi, 40 years around Chicago."

Reaction Score
Arike.... from the greatest to the goat and I don’t meAn the greatest of all times. I am soooo happy she missed that free throw. I dance a jig on their fate. I am Irish. By genetics. I screamed when she missed that free throw I scared the dog.

Reaction Score
Arike.... from the greatest to the goat and I don’t meAn the greatest of all times. I am soooo happy she missed that free throw. I dance a jig on their fate. I am Irish. By genetics. I screamed when she missed that free throw I scared the dog.
No other words needed.

Reaction Score
Gotta feel for her a bit. Have to remember they are still kids, even though her actions against us makes it tough to feel bad. I’m happy for Baylor, especially after they lost Cox.

Reaction Score
Who knew an Adam Amin thread was going to get me to the Baylor win. ;)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

This has not been good week in my life but Baylor's victory (ND loss/Arike blowing the game-maybe making the foul shot is hard than a 3pt!) put a huge smile on my face. Oh, petty me!

Reaction Score
What a story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...bd41a2ce4d5_story.html?utm_term=.d99f7b34f40a

"How on the turbulent Earth did the fourth son of immigrants from a giant country long discouraging toward female athleticism end up as the exhilarated play-by-play voice of the very American women’s Final Four?"

"That’s how a 5-foot-3, 110-pound hell of a man who could play some cricket in the 1950s and 1960s in Karachi, Pakistan, and who later came to adore, of all things, the Chicago Cubs, wound up as a touching tangent to the women’s basketball Final Four. That was April 1, 2018, in Columbus, Ohio, just 27 days after the sudden end of the 80-year life of Mohammed Amin, Adam’s father: 40 years around Karachi, 40 years around Chicago."
If it was up to Muffett he would never gotten the job.......

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Yeah, I guess you could say Arike was the goat in both of ND’s last two championship games. She was the last ND player to touch the ball in both games.

Reaction Score
Back to the point of this thread. I loved the story. I also think Amin has iujmproved markedly in the last year. Much less obtrusive, perhaps more comfortable in his own skin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom