AD Dave Step Up | The Boneyard

AD Dave Step Up

Reaction Score
It’s time to step up and show leadership. Your program is on the rocks, your coach is failing and UConn is the laughing stock of CFB. Allowing RE to run your OC out of town was mistake number 1. Allowing Edsall to cover for a failing DC is mistake number 2. Sitting idly by and not demanding a standard of competitive excellence will be another. It’s time to chastise those paid to perform, not the fans paying to watch this ongoing crap show. Every losing program has excuses... young players, not my players, don’t get the system, bad culture, injuries, small wet hands... Winning programs overcome them.

Reaction Score
It isn’t. It is spot on. AD Dave? Put his mug on a milk carton, as he has been m.i.a. for some time now.
Dave Benedict does give two s h i---t s what a homer like you thinks. He might give you lip service if you buy season tickets and keep your mouth shut.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You have to wait in line... he’s working on fixing basketball right now.

Jeff Jacobs: Creativity, vigilance needed at UConn now more than ever

the post’s website is the uconn football of websites.

they try and put an ad between every sentence but their site is slower than ron johnson so it just locks up.

3D5C510D-DB14-4EA1-80F5-0DCBF4234895.png

Reaction Score
With respect to the comment about the running the OC out of town, what is the story behind that comment? That is the first time I heard anything like that.

It’s time to step up and show leadership. Your program is on the rocks, your coach is failing and UConn is the laughing stock of CFB. Allowing RE to run your OC out of town was mistake number 1. Allowing Edsall to cover for a failing DC is mistake number 2. Sitting idly by and not demanding a standard of competitive excellence will be another. It’s time to chastise those paid to perform, not the fans paying to watch this ongoing crap show. Every losing program has excuses... young players, not my players, don’t get the system, bad culture, injuries, small wet hands... Winning programs overcome them.

Reaction Score
While HCRE is unlikely to be going anywhere but Storrs, Burton, Shenkman, practice fields, the Rent at PAWS, other stadiums, and recruiting trips, what's the likelihood any change occurs before UConn's BoT selects a new university president later this year to early 2019? Setting aside such an inconvenient reality, what's the likelihood A.D. DB's inclined to let alone even has any authority to replace a guy he himself hired himself under 2 years ago?

Background: After the 2018-19 academic year (late May/June 2019), UConn's current lameduck President Susan Herbst departs. In prior published timelines, BoT Chairman Tom Kruger communicated a large 40+ person advisory committee would review a pool of candidates through early fall (done?), conduct interviews with an initial shorter list (in process?), and the BoT would conduct final interviews and select Herbst's replacement.

Beyond being just another academic wonk, ideally the new guy's also well-attuned to gridiron's massive importance, extremely well-connected with business and B1G-time athletic networks, movers and shakers, etc, and bring proven academic and athletic fundraising success to boot. While readily acknowledging UConn's an academic institution first and foremost; athletic program lower on the reality list, a guy can dream good dreams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While I hope it won't be the case, I fear the next President will be nothing more than a figurehead bean counter.

He or she will lbe the public face of what will likely become massive cuts across many departments

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Dave Benedict does give two s h i---t s what a homer like you thinks. He might give you lip service if you buy season tickets and keep your mouth shut.[/QUOTE
I’ve paid enough over the yesrs. As many here have. The ROI is pretty recently.

Reaction Score
While I hope it won't be the case, I fear the next President will be nothing more than a figurehead bean counter.

He or she will lbe the public face of what will likely become massive cuts across many departments
Thanks for the heads up Bobby.

Reaction Score
With respect to the comment about the running the OC out of town, what is the story behind that comment? That is the first time I heard anything like that.
That should’ve made you skeptical about the post and poster. That is not at all what happened. Completely made up.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Lashlee didn't get run out of town. He's a southern guy who wanted to go south. The fact that we couldn't offer him a nickel raise to try to convince him to stay was most alarming. I do think Dunn has done (no Dunn pun intended) a decent job though. Under Dunn, David Pindell has been a night-and-day transition to our best player and that's a good thing. Hoping he can develop QBs in the coming years.

Reaction Score
I know from a personal connection that Lashlee, mainly Mrs Lashlee actually wasn’t comfortable in the northeast. So he wasn’t run off.

I heard AD Dave just last week and it was really clear that he isn’t shocked with what is happening this season. This is a 3-5 year process nit unlike what it took Schiano to make Rutgers competitive when he took over from Terry Shea. Same issue really . 1AA level recruits need to be upgraded.

Reaction Score
I know from a personal connection that Lashlee, mainly Mrs Lashlee actually wasn’t comfortable in the northeast. So he wasn’t run off.

I heard AD Dave just last week and it was really clear that he isn’t shocked with what is happening this season. This is a 3-5 year process nit unlike what it took Schiano to make Rutgers competitive when he took over from Terry Shea. Same issue really . 1AA level recruits need to be upgraded.
This is exactly what I expected from day one of 2.0. It will get better! You can’t be impatient when building a team. I think we will see big improvement next season, but the winning won’t start until season 4.

Reaction Score

How do you know that Randy's recruits are upgrades? They couldn't beat UMass at home.

Reaction Score

I agree - that looking at the AD (and IMO, higher up the chain to President, Provost, and Board of Trustees) is where questions should be addressed at this point in time regarding the problems with the program.

I disagree - that appropriate solutions to our problem (Recruiting players that can compete annually) is to can Edsall. THere is no reason why Edsall wouldn't be able to execute a good plan successfully. I want to know what the plan is.

Reaction Score
Dave Benedict does give two s h i---t s what a homer like you thinks. He might give you lip service if you buy season tickets and keep your mouth shut.
There are alot of _holes on this board that can't take criticism when it is earned. They just criticise and try to intimidate those with different opinions.

Reaction Score

Except that he did interview for the Rutgers OC gig so, I guess she would've found a way to be comfortable in the Northeast if it was a B1G school with more $$.

I would agree that he wasn't "run off' but, I don't think for a second that RE wanted any part of his offense and Lashlee was likely "encouraged" to find another job.

Reaction Score
Utter lack of context and utter lack of perspective on the HC history.

I give your post a Fail
I don’t think it utterly lacks of anything and is pretty darn close to the truth from by utter lack of perspective ... unless, of course, things are just fine and I’m not observing the worst defense in CFB history, an offense that has regressed, an HC full of excuses which change season to season, the loss of great OC and line coach, etc...but hey maybe I’ve got the wrong program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom