AD Dave retweeted this | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AD Dave retweeted this

Reaction Score
Note to Dave please never mention talks or going to the ACC
Keep dropping hints about the Big 12 or B1G . Any communication with them is top secret .
As for other conference public statements ie whether it’s interested in they’re Eastern expansion, NYC , Basketball |schools ,anything regardless of how trivial.
The ACC has always been under the impression that they our the only possible destination , so if they’re needed us a snap of the fingers and we will jump. . That sucks as a negotiating position .
Creation of a cognitive dissonance is the thing to do . When you make the target uncomfortable you have a much better chance for success.

Reaction Score
Truly believe ACC will offer us when either B12 or another P5 is about to offer us a membership. That's one of the reasons Pitt got into the ACC when ACC got the news that B12 was interested in them.

ACC believes UCONN is there for the taking anytime they want. We need to take that option away from them. If Big East does land a nice media deal, it might be a tough decision to leave the Big East for the.ACC since it's just a matter of time that the ACC will be torned to shreds.

Reaction Score
I know this is kind of silly but could the situation happen when the ACC blows up that they and the Big East try to re-constitute themselves as a merged conference? Given the pedigree of the leftovers it's not completely crazy. Guess that's up to the overlords in Bristol.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Truly believe ACC will offer us when either B12 or another P5 is about to offer us a membership. That's one of the reasons Pitt got into the ACC when ACC got the news that B12 was interested in them.
I think you are conflating two stories. Pittsburgh got the nod when BCU decided to blackball because “they wanted to be the New England team.” On the other hand one of the reported reasons Louisville got denied over us was the notion that UConn would always be there for the taking While it was possible, that Louisville would get a big 12 offer at some point in the future. I don’t think it would have made a difference as FSU was determined to flex its conference muscle and get “a football school” to replace Maryland.

Reaction Score
I know this is kind of silly but could the situation happen when the ACC blows up that they and the Big East try to re-constitute themselves as a merged conference? Given the pedigree of the leftovers it's not completely crazy. Guess that's up to the overlords in Bristol.
It's not silly, there is a good chance of it happening. The post raid ACC may end up looking very similar to the pre-raid Big East.

Reaction Score
I think you are conflating two stories. Pittsburgh got the nod when BCU decided to blackball because “they wanted to be the New England team.” On the other hand one of the reported reasons Louisville got denied over us was the notion that UConn would always be there for the taking While it was possible, that Louisville would get a big 12 offer at some point in the future. I don’t think it would have made a difference as FSU was determined to flex its conference muscle and get “a football school” to replace Maryland.
One of the ACC sources did mention in addition to BCU blocking us, B12 was also looking at Pitt back then. ACC decided on Pitt to take that option away from the B12. I can't find the source now, but it was buried in one of the articles back then.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
One of the ACC sources did mention in addition to BCU blocking us, B12 was also looking at Pitt back then. ACC decided on Pitt to take that option away from the B12. I can't find the source now, but it was buried in one of the articles back then.
I hadn’t read that regarding Pitt. I did read it about Louisville though.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
If we had an offer from the B12 or B1G, then why on earth would we want an offer from the ACC? It's too late at that point imo.

Reaction Score
If we had an offer from the B12 or B1G, then why on earth would we want an offer from the ACC? It's too late at that point imo.

I am in the same boat as you. ACC offer doesn't seem all that attractive anymore. ACC has at most 13 years, and it will be ripped apart right before 2036 if not sooner. It doesn't seem all that appealing to be stuck with ACC leftovers.

I like the new B12 commissioner approach trying to build the best basketball conference. Although B12 isn't a perfect fit by any stretch, it is something we should look at. We would be a great asset for that conference giving them an inroad to the New England/NYC market.

UConn needs to see what Big East media deal can offer before making any decisions. Also, UConn needs to see if we can get a better football media deal on our own as well. If we can improvement on both of those deals, we can sit back patiently and wait for the best option.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom