AD Dave candidate for Auburn job? | The Boneyard

AD Dave candidate for Auburn job?

Reaction Score
Conjecture is allowed for non-players I assume. I missed the news that the Auburn AD job was opening. Chance for Benedict to return to his old stomping grounds… and perhaps for UConn to recalibrate its needs in the AD as the college landscape continues to rapidly change.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I firmly believe he wants to take UConn into a power conference as his legacy, so I’m assuming he’s here for as long as that takes. But this is just me reading the tea leaves with no inside info.

Plus it sounds like the Auburn donors / boosters are a huge PITA.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
With the exception of being a state run/financed institution, the UConn AD position should be an attractive option for many quality people
Don't think it will be a hard fill if this should happen

Reaction Score
I firmly believe he wants to take UConn into a power conference as his legacy, so I’m assuming he’s here for as long as that takes. But this is just me reading the tea leaves with no inside info.

I would tend to agree the auburn athletic department has been a bit of a mess recently, I’m sure they will throw a huge amount of money at someone in desperation but that’s not a job for someone looking for stability or even reasonable job expectations.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I believe that booster are a PITA at any school that actually has a lot of them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I believe that booster are a PITA at any school that actually has a lot of them.

Auburn is worst than most and the AD will absolutely need a university president and BoT which back them up when they have to beat away some of those boosters.

Reaction Score
Conjecture is allowed for non-players I assume. I missed the news that the Auburn AD job was opening. Chance for Benedict to return to his old stomping grounds… and perhaps for UConn to recalibrate its needs in the AD as the college landscape continues to rapidly change.

I don’t think they’re “old stomping grounds”, he only worked there for two years writing checks. I think he worked longer at Minnesota than at Auburn. His real stomping grounds are in Arizona.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom