Ace Watanasuparp's "The Walk On" film | The Boneyard

Ace Watanasuparp's "The Walk On" film

Reaction Score
Related side note -
Former french walk on Sami Ameziane wrote a book about his experience at UConn. It’s currently only available in French but he told me he’s hoping to translate it to English at some point. I wrote a feature article on him back in the day, he has a terrific story.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Wow that looks like it’s going to be good - was there when Ace was, he was a big deal with the students (as are most walk-ons).

Reaction Score
I vaguely remember Ace getting in the game at the end of a blowouts and trying to cross people up. Am I right?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Will definitely watch this. Everyone knows the stories of the star player who everyone wants to be around and gets their boots licked at every turn while in college. Walk-ons take the same abuse in practice for very little return other than getting to put on the uniform everyday. I worked with Jeff Cybart (walk on in the late 90’s) for a short time and he used to talk about getting beat up by the big boys day in and day out in practice but wouldn’t have traded it for the world.

Reaction Score
He was one of hundreds of student-athletes who tried out for the team in Gampel for the 2000-01 season his junior year.
“It was a challenge. Maybe 400 kids tried out,” he recalled. “I’ve been through so many challenges since then and was able to overcome them as well. It’s something that you carry with you and it becomes a part of you.”

Didn’t know so many tried out. Anyone know how many days of tryouts there were? Nice story, can’t wait for the film.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
C261B241-3D99-4B48-98A5-F326D83584D1.jpeg

The older guys on here talk about this a lot. That’s how it was back in the day. Student supported the programs by turning up at every game. For whatever reason, I don’t feel that there is the same level of fanaticism anymore.

Reaction Score
I don’t know if we’ve ever had a peoples champion thread but he’d be on it along with Phil, Dove, Ed Nelson.

Reaction Score

<<Checks calendar, makes sure it's not April 1st>> Is this for real...? If so, curious to see more.

Anyone have an update on Ace's documentary? I heard an interview he did earlier this year it's a 2024 release but wonder where it will air..

Reaction Score
He was fun to watch. Enthusiasm and energy personified and you can tell he took those traits and added them to the attributes he credits Calhoun for instilling in him and made himself into a great success story.
We'll be looking for the documentary and hope he becomes as big a household name as Rudy..........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom