OT: - Accidental Death of Ct Gymnast | The Boneyard

OT: Accidental Death of Ct Gymnast

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
A Southern Ct well-loved athlete passed away after an accident on the uneven parallel bars.
The fragility of life is noted.

www.courant.com

Southern Connecticut State University mourns death of gymnast in training accident
An acclaimed gymnast at Southern Connecticut State University died Sunday after falling during practice
www.courant.com
www.courant.com

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow, sad, and shocking. I'm sure injuries in gymnastics are frequent, but I can't recall ever hearing of a fatality.

Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, how random and sad. My thoughts go out to her family, friends, teammates and coaches.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
An incredible tragedy. My heart goes out to her family anfd friend. So young. Many of us take sports and sports competition for granted, forgetting how truly dangerous many sports can be. It is a fact that because of the inherent dangers most of Olga Korbut's routine from 1972 is now banned from competition. I for one am so grateful that we live in an age where women in sports can be all than can be. I'm one of those that sometimes tears up when I see the model young ladies are for and the adoration young girls have for them. But no one dares turn a blind eye to the dangers young women and men face in training and competition. We do so at the peril of our sons and daughters. Anything within reason to protect these athletes I'm all for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom