ACC Staying w 8 gm conf schedule | The Boneyard

ACC Staying w 8 gm conf schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Per McMurphy.

Has to help ooc scheduling a little bit I would think.

Reaction Score
i still hope aac goes to 9. 3 OOCs should suffice in a schedule-challenge filled world.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
i still hope aac goes to 9. 3 OOCs should suffice in a schedule-challenge filled world.

Agreed. Not that I like the AAC schedule, but I'd rather play Tulane, Tulsa etc rather than random filler like Nova.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Ideally we would have 12 OOC.

Uconn vs Towson on FS1

Reaction Score
Has the brain children in this clusterfook of a conference decided if we're playing 8 or 9 conference games yet?

Reaction Score
I'm not an antitrust lawyer, but it's hard for me to believe the requirement that ACC teams play one P5 opponent starting in 2017 would be deemed legal if challenged. Those teams in the P5 conferences are there because of their agreements to affiliate with each other and not based on objective metrics. The P5 conferences are each competitors of each other and competitors of non-P5 conferences like the AAC. By requiring individual schools to schedule P5 opponents, competing P5 conferences are continuing to establish contractual barriers of entry to competitors not in the P5 club. This is all based on handshakes and agreements among the P5 with the apparent goal of increasing the value of P5 membership and devaluing all other Division I college football.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm not an antitrust lawyer, but it's hard for me to believe the requirement that ACC teams play one P5 opponent starting in 2017 would be deemed legal if challenged. Those teams in the P5 conferences are there because of their agreements to affiliate with each other and not based on objective metrics. The P5 conferences are each competitors of each other and competitors of non-P5 conferences like the AAC. By requiring individual schools to schedule P5 opponents, competing P5 conferences are continuing to establish contractual barriers of entry to competitors not in the P5 club. This is all based on handshakes and agreements among the P5 with the apparent goal of increasing the value of P5 membership and devaluing all other Division I college football.

I think the ACC decision to play at least one other P5 school is the least of the anti-trust violations in the new structure of college athletics.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree (but it still pzzed me off). And I'm sure it will eventually lead to a second required P5 game, then a third, and eventually exclusive scheduling among the P5.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
McMurphyESPN: ACC schools considering having non-conference games vs. other ACC teams, ADs/coaches tell @ESPN

Well, so much for the 8 games OOC helping us schedule games.

Reaction Score
I think the entire structure of this P5 Oligopoly needs to be challenged, enjoined, and restarted. Or UConn needs to be offered membership in one of the P5 conferences so that we can all "call off the dogs".

Reaction Score
McMurphyESPN: ACC schools considering having non-conference games vs. other ACC teams, ADs/coaches tell @ESPN

I thought this was a pretty good joke. But seriously, it's not a joke?!!!

Reaction Score
A few random thoughts on scheduling
1. many college sports include playing conf opponents as non-conf games - its not unprecedented;
2. even if they do, you have 8 conf., 1 conf/non-conf., one 1-AA game, and you still have 2 opens every year and i truly believe we can be on a short list of 1A, non-P5 schools on most ACC lists.
3. away from ACC, I would love to see us reengage WVU in a long-term series - here, there, DC, wherever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom