ACC/SEC Yearly Games | The Boneyard

ACC/SEC Yearly Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Missing from that piece: Any SEC comment.

You drinking already?

>>SEC commissioner Mike Slive told ESPN.com through a spokesman that his conference wants to create a scheduling format to take effect in 2016, but no details have been finalized. "Achieving that objective involves exploring as many options as possible, which we are currently doing," Slive said. "Anything more is pure speculation."<<

That's Silve saying "nice try John" :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know what all the fuss is about...there already are plenty of ACC-SEC games on the schedule..I like to see diversity...play Big 12, Big 10...AAC (USF and UCF would be great for FSU..BC and UConn would be fun).

ACC-SEC

FSU-Florida...yearly
GT-Georgia...yearly
Clemson-SC...yearly
Louisville-Kentucky...yearly

In addition to these four yearly matches...a few sporadic matches are scheduled.

Clemson is scheduled for Georgia
Louisville...Auburn
UNC...South Carolina
NC State...LSU
VT...Tennessee
Wake...Vandy

Enough SEC...proliferate I say!

Reaction Score
I'm a bit skeptical they can pull it off given that the Pac12-Big Ten alliance fell apart due to 2 schools balking but it'll be a coup if it does.

Big 12 members would probably get pretty antsy if this gets pulled off though. There's been rumors of them trying to pull off something similar and I doubt both would get on the schedule.

Reaction Score
I hear that an ACC/SEC deal is just a figment of Swoford's imagination. More likely is some sort of deal with Big 12. Six teams from each conference would play each year. Three games at SEC campuses and 3 at Big12 campuses. I was also told that the impetus for the talk was Texas. They want to get A&M back on the schedule but don't want to approach them directly.

Reaction Score
I hear that it won't be a complete matching of teams...just maybe a couple more then the four that meet annually.

Swofford is shooting for six annual matches with the SEC, to add to the five with Notre Dame, to ease OOC scheduling.

Vandy and Wake are not an annual game...yet they have played seven matches in 10 years. Could be a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom