ACC Schedule | The Boneyard

ACC Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
ACC - link

ND gets Duke twice instead of UConn. Maryland fans & others comlaining/noticing that Maryland has an unfavorable away schedule.

Reaction Score
Does it really matter who plays who in the ACC this season?..........All roads lead through Storrs, CT and UCONN........

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Eh, not sure I get Maryland's complaints. Looks like Duke has the toughest schedule. ND gets Duke and BC twice while Duke gets ND and UNC twice.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The complaint is Maryland doesn't get any of their tough games at home. I agree that they don't have the toughest schedule.

Eh, not sure I get Maryland's complaints. Looks like Duke has the toughest schedule. ND gets Duke and BC twice while Duke gets ND and UNC twice.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Meh... Maryland always complains about ACC related things....... I dont want to get a warning from the moderators .. so I wont share my personal thoughts on the matter ;)

Interesting that the ACC went back to the 16 game schedule after trying out the 18 game schedule last year. I figured we would get ND and UNC twice... and also knew that UNC and Duke wouldnt be playing in College Park next season either. Personally my only complaints would be not getting Syracuse at home.... and no away game at Wake Forest. I wanted to see the talented but young Orange in person.... and to see the antics of their coach in person. Wake Forest has a nice arena and they only charge 5-6 bucks for general admission tickets... and its always nice to have Duke fans outnumber the Wake fans in their own place.

Reaction Score
The Washington Post beat writer tweeted that this is the first time since 1981-82 that Maryland won't have home games vs. Duke, UNC, NC State (and throw in Virginia). Clearly those are home games that Maryland fans look forward to. Most of Maryland's road games are vs. upper half ACC teams, while home games are mostly teams that they should beat, Notre Dame being the exception. On paper, Duke may have the toughest "doubles" with Notre Dame and UNC, but UNC is a bit of a mystery until we see them. So, it's hard to say. The last few years, it seems Duke has had a "manageable" ACC schedule, so maybe this is balancing that out a bit?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The Washington Post beat writer tweeted that this is the first time since 1981-82 that Maryland won't have home games vs. Duke, UNC, NC State (and throw in Virginia). Clearly those are home games that Maryland fans look forward to. Most of Maryland's road games are vs. upper half ACC teams, while home games are mostly teams that they should beat, Notre Dame being the exception. On paper, Duke may have the toughest "doubles" with Notre Dame and UNC, but UNC is a bit of a mystery until we see them. So, it's hard to say. The last few years, it seems Duke has had a "manageable" ACC schedule, so maybe this is balancing that out a bit?

According to this article, Maryland won't have home games against Duke, UNC and NC State in football, men's basketball and women's basketball. The ACC's parting gift to Maryland.

http://www.testudotimes.com/2013/5/...womens-basketball-schedule-Maryland-Terrapins

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
According to this article, Maryland won't have home games against Duke, UNC and NC State in football, men's basketball and women's basketball. The ACC's parting gift to Maryland.

:rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And well deserved.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
And well deserved.

Why? How is Maryland any different than other schools that have jumped to another conference or the conferences (e.g., ACC) that have poached others (e.g., BE)? I think we've moved well beyond there being good guys and bad guys in conference realignment.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Why? How is Maryland any different than other schools that have jumped to another conference or the conferences (e.g., ACC) that have poached others (e.g., BE)? I think we've moved well beyond there being good guys and bad guys in conference realignment.
Nope no different. They all deserved a "going away present". Glad one finally got one. You don't want to play with us? Screw you too.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
So do you think Louisville will get one in the AAC?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Have to expect Louisville will get UConn at home as I'm sure they'll be scheduled to play UConn twice in both men and women's basketball.

So do you think Louisville will get one in the AAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom