ACC Network To Start in 2019; Could There Be Conference Expansion Soon? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ACC Network To Start in 2019; Could There Be Conference Expansion Soon?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I do actually. I am just being realistic. Boosters, locations, travel partners, media market draw, athletic budget, recent success, etc. point in favor of other schools than UConn.

In the end, both of us can argue our sides and the ACC could pick the University of Dublin and surprise everyone.
So explain how "boosters,locations, travel partners, media market draw, athletic budget, recent success, etc. point in favor of other schools than UConn." In fact I'd love to see you analysis of each those items for the schools you listed and for UConn.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If you have any doubts if the ACC Network is going to have trouble being picked up: once again, no.

Reaction Score
Disney and Verizon Fios are in the middle of the usual hard ball negotiating (much like it went with Altice).

Wonder who blinks?

"The contract between the Verizon Fios cable TV service and Disney expires at 5 p.m. Eastern time on New Year’s Eve, and should the two sides not reach an agreement, Fios subscribers will lose ESPN right in the middle of its broadcast of the Liberty Bowl between Missouri and Oklahoma State. If things don’t get worked out quickly, Fios subscribers also wouldn’t be able to see the Gator Bowl later that night, plus four more New Year’s Day bowl games on ESPN or ESPN2."

Reaction Score
Just get a bowl season and a lot will change. B-ball is good enough, just waiting for football to catch up

zls44

Reaction Score
prediction - FIOS, day before NFL Wild Card game

Reaction Score
The Clemson-Notre Dame game should have been the ACC title game. It would have been about the same excitement level as Clemson-Pitt, but it would have the added benefit of eliminating ND earlier from the playoff picture and freeing up a spot for Ohio State or Georgia.

Reaction Score
Those conference affiliated schools who have to play13 games to get to the playoff aren’t too thrilled with the advantages of Notre Dame’s independent/loosely affiliated model. The reality is that Notre Dame’s brand is bigger than their brawn and their luster as an independent will fade if they continue to take up a coveted spot in the 4 team playoff—and prove once again on the field that they don’t belong. It’s more likely than not that one of this years playoff teams will be exposed as an imposter. I say it’ll be ND. Look for them to be blown out by Clemson. Then listen to the howls from Athens, Columbus, and Orlando.
Um, no....all my theories revolve around one common principle/rule...FOLLOW THE MONEY! If say the conferences made a steadfast rule that only conference champions could make the play-offs the result Right now is that ND joins the ACC. And I am sure the Big would be happy to see that. Would the SEC? Think about it. The ACC with ND would get so much more national recognition and yes this would threaten both the SEC & BIG. Why? The ACC would likely get more revenue then those other conferences. But more importantly for the BIG, they would feel that the Big payday got away. The SEC views the ACC as a strong but secondary conference that belongs behind them. Thoughts/disagreements but tell me how ND going to the ACC helps generate more money for other conferences?

zls44

Reaction Score
lmao Verizon cracked so easy

Reaction Score
So explain how "boosters,locations, travel partners, media market draw, athletic budget, recent success, etc. point in favor of other schools than UConn." In fact I'd love to see you analysis of each those items for the schools you listed and for UConn.

Some day I may have time to a full analysis but for starters, Memphis has Fed Ex and all its resources...what do we have? I know, I know, for the Boneyard I need to provide a doctoral dissertation to explain my opinion or it is thrown out but unfortunately some of us have jobs beyond analyzing sports data and figures to present an academically rigorous response to questions. Berate me, belittle me, and forever never value my thoughts and opinions...doesn't phase me one iota. I am not the only one with this opinion and until life allows me time to write a dissertation I guess I will have to relegate myself to the basement of the boneyard.

Happy New Year!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Some day I may have time to a full analysis but for starters, Memphis has Fed Ex and all its resources...what do we have? I know, I know, for the Boneyard I need to provide a doctoral dissertation to explain my opinion or it is thrown out but unfortunately some of us have jobs beyond analyzing sports data and figures to present an academically rigorous response to questions. Berate me, belittle me, and forever never value my thoughts and opinions...doesn't phase me one iota. I am not the only one with this opinion and until life allows me time to write a dissertation I guess I will have to relegate myself to the basement of the boneyard.

Happy New Year!
Doctoral dissertation for BY posts? Not so much? But some basis for your opinion would be nice. As you no doubt guessed, I disagree.

FWIW, it never ceases to amaze me how people get their knickers in a bunch because someone questions or comments on their post? Isn't that the point of posting it?

Happy New Year to you as well.

Reaction Score
ND thinks that they are better than everyone else. Not going to happen.

Reaction Score
After today's basketball game, I will add that UConn fans (me included) thought we were better than the AAC members. Turns out not to be the case!

Reaction Score
Happens...like Ohio State...0-31 against Clemson in the CFP.

Sometimes there are bad match ups...

Reaction Score
I do actually. I am just being realistic. Boosters, locations, travel partners, media market draw, athletic budget, recent success, etc. point in favor of other schools than UConn.

In the end, both of us can argue our sides and the ACC could pick the University of Dublin and surprise everyone.

University of Dublin Fightin' Americans??

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
We are have one of the worst sports programs in the American as it stands now. The state is losing population, has a shrinking tv market. Never had a big football following. Why the hell would the ACC want us right now(or ever)? We will be in the American for the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
We are have one of the worst sports programs in the American as it stands now. The state is losing population, has a shrinking tv market. Never had a big football following. Why the hell would the ACC want us right now(or ever)? We will be in the American for the foreseeable future.

Convince the SEC that it needs a NYC presence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom