ACC Network production/operations will be based in Bristol, not Charlotte | The Boneyard

ACC Network production/operations will be based in Bristol, not Charlotte

Reaction Score

>>ESPN told network staff today that ACC Network’s primary studio home will be on its Bristol, Conn., campus, where it built a 194,000-square foot studio three years ago for more than $100M for shows like “SportsCenter” and ESPN’s NFL studio programming. <<

>>Charlotte staff will continue to produce studio programming for SEC Network, which is not moving. In certain cases, ESPN’s Charlotte studio will conduct some coach and player interviews for ACC Network, but its studio production and operations will be housed in Bristol. Similar to the SEC Network, each ACC school will have its own studio space on campus.<<

Reaction Score
The ACC doesn't want Connecticut in the conference but at least the State of Connecticut will be allowed to help subsidize ESPN and the ACC network with tax breaks and incentives.

Reaction Score
And of course none of the great leaders in the state of Connecticut will say boo about it.

Reaction Score
Any chance this could mean mean an invite is on the way? Or at least make it more likely in future expansion?

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Any chance this could mean mean an invite is on the way? Or at least make it more likely in future expansion?
I would like to believe that, but history shows that The Vikings prediction of another kick coming our way is the more accurate.

Reaction Score
The ACC doesn't want Connecticut in the conference but at least the State of Connecticut will be allowed to help subsidize ESPN and the ACC network with tax breaks and incentives.

They have received about $120 million in tax credits, but I am curious how much they pay in taxes as well. I doubt they're paying NOTHING. And they employee 4,000 people and have invested about $1 billion in Bristol.

I can't find any public info, but I'm guessing between property taxes, corporate taxes, and taxes on profits, they are surely pumping way more money into CT's economy than they're taking.

It doesn't mean we should subsidize them, but I have a hard time believing they aren't paying any taxes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They have received about $120 million in tax credits, but I am curious how much they pay in taxes as well. I doubt they're paying NOTHING. And they employee 4,000 people and have invested about $1 billion in Bristol.

I can't find any public info, but I'm guessing between property taxes, corporate taxes, and taxes on profits, they are surely pumping way more money into CT's economy than they're taking.

It doesn't mean we should subsidize them, but I have a hard time believing they aren't paying any taxes.
Agreed, but they should never see $1 more Connecticut taxpayer money while UConn is on the outside looking in at the P5 structure.

Reaction Score
One of the many sad byproducts of the sh$tty local economy. We will take the nut in the eye from espn and swofford and then thank them for it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
First, it's some small number of jobs that will be located here instead of Charlotte. That's fine. It's not a major operation.

But 'LOL' at Swofford thinking this is in the conference footprint. It's an outpost on the border of the Big Ten's footprint.

Reaction Score
Only 70 jobs?

It's only production/operations and they have other technical/support staff @ Bristol already. Bunch of the work will be done on ACC campus studios.

Reaction Score
First, it's some small number of jobs that will be located here instead of Charlotte. That's fine. It's not a major operation.

But 'LOL' at Swofford thinking this is in the conference footprint. It's an outpost on the border of the Big Ten's footprint.

They are bad at maps down south.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom