ACC has changed their by-laws & are keeping them secret | The Boneyard

ACC has changed their by-laws & are keeping them secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What did the by-laws say about changing the by-laws? Have you called the ACC office or any of the ACC schools for comment? Or are you just trying to get hits for you blog's website?

Reaction Score
I clicked on his link but my work firewall blocks his website. Should I be thankful for that?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
After reading Mr. Yoda's blog post, I just keep hearing the music from The Twilight Zone playing over and over in my head.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I clicked on his link but my work firewall blocks his website. Should I be thankful for that?

Nah. It's an example of secrecy leading to speculation. Could be something...or nothing.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Nah. It's an example of secrecy leading to speculation. Could be something...or nothing.
Somebody's on double secret probation.

Reaction Score
I know where the ACC by-laws are.

They are on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza.

TY lives on the WVU board and spouts constant nonsense there too. A conspiracy under every rock.

Why is there no other board but the WVU one that is still declaring every team in the US to be a future member of the Bevo conference?

WVU is definitely OVERRATED academically at 162. The BE got substantially smarter when WVU left.

Reaction Score
I know where the ACC by-laws are.

They are on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza.

TY lives on the WVU board and spouts constant nonsense there too. A conspiracy under every rock.

Why is there no other board but the WVU one that is still declaring every team in the US to be a future member of the Bevo conference?

WVU is definitely OVERRATED academically at 162. The BE got substantially smarter when WVU left.

Just an FYI......I got my undergrad degree from Texas. I have no affiliation with WVU other than I am happy, from a football perspective, that they joined the Big 12. I no longer visit or post on the Scout WVU board. They changed their posting policies in such a way to really discourage realignment discussion.

As for the ACC by-laws being changed, I can't help but find it curious that the ACC, for the first time ever, is not making its by-laws public.

Reaction Score
Just an FYI......I got my undergrad degree from Texas. I have no affiliation with WVU other than I am happy, from a football perspective, that they joined the Big 12. I no longer visit or post on the Scout WVU board. They changed their posting policies in such a way to really discourage realignment discussion.

As for the ACC by-laws being changed, I can't help but find it curious that the ACC, for the first time ever, is not making its by-laws public.

Well not sure why the bylaws of any conference need to be public and since most conferences have been tightening their requirements against leaving (Big12 GOR for 6 years; Big East increase in exit fee) if the ACC has changed anything it likely toughened the exit requirements as opposed to relaxing them.

But since you are familiar with the WVU board and the Big12 perhaps you can find something for me and that is a credible source (conference press release, statement by a conference commissioner, statement from ESPN, etc.) that supports the idea that the Big12 will be getting a $60 million signing bonus from ESPN in their new deal.

Reaction Score
perhaps you can find something for me and that is a credible source (conference press release, statement by a conference commissioner, statement from ESPN, etc.) that supports the idea that the Big12 will be getting a $60 million signing bonus from ESPN in their new deal.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/col...ealth-of-revenues-2387207.html?printArticle=y

The league will receive a $20 million signing bonus for each of the first three years of the contract from the two networks, Neinas said privately.

Now the real question is this......why $60 million?

So what will it cost 2 ACC schools to leave?

Team A exit fee $20 million
Team B exit fee $20 million
Team A loss of 75% of $13M tv revenue $10 million
Team B loss of 75% of $13M tv revenue $10 million
-------------
Total cost $60 million

Quite a coincidence.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online