ACC for all sports but football | The Boneyard

ACC for all sports but football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now more then ever we need to explore this . Our basketball program will fall apart if the the catholic schools break away and we are left with the likes of smu and houston. This would help both the ACC and us since it would then give them an even number of teams for all sports. Also gets our foot in the door. The big ten isnt calling anytime soon

Reaction Score
Why in the world would the ACC ever agree to this? We aren't Notre Dame. We have a better chance getting to the B1G than this happening.

Reaction Score
Now more then ever we need to explore this . Our basketball program will fall apart if the the catholic schools break away and we are left with the likes of smu and houston. This would help both the ACC and us since it would then give them an even number of teams for all sports. Also gets our foot in the door. The big ten isnt calling anytime soon

and this would successively kill our football program.

Reaction Score
The desperation is even worse. Rutgers fans/alumni hung in there WAY longer than we have and our fans are already going nuts.

Reaction Score
This wouldnt be lunacy and UCONN would be crazy not to explore this. Its imperative that our basketball programs remain in a top flight conference. The next time ACC expands in football we will already be halfway in. The football team would be in no worse shape then it is now and could stay in the NBE or go independent. There's no downside to the ACC for taking us in this scenario since we wouldnt be dipping into the football kitty and we wouldnt be only strengthening their basketball product (as well as giving them an even number of teams). Another poster made a comment about this in todays courant at the end of the big east article

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This wouldnt be lunacy and UCONN would be crazy not to explore this. Its imperative that our basketball programs remain in a top flight conference. The next time ACC expands in football we will already be halfway in. The football team would be in no worse shape then it is now and could stay in the NBE or go independent. There's no downside to the ACC for taking us in this scenario since we wouldnt be dipping into the football kitty and we wouldnt be only strengthening their basketball product (as well as giving them an even number of teams). Another poster made a comment about this in todays courant at the end of the big east article

I don't need too many words. You are campaigning for UConn to drop football.

That is the outcome. And it mistakingly assumes basketball can exist without football.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
No way. The football program would have a very difficult time filling a 12 game schedule, especially when conferences are becoming "super" and will fill their schools' schedules with extra conference games. UConn is better off staying put and, unfortunately, waiting until the next wave of realignment to move out of the Big East.

The only kind of concession I'd be willing to make would be revenue wise up to a certain number of years and to get into the B1G only.

Reaction Score
That is the outcome. And it mistakingly assumes basketball can exist without football.
I don't agree with this idea at all, but how is it a mistake to assume basketball can exist without football.

There wouldn't be a football program with the success of the basketball team, not the other way around.

Reaction Score
OP is the dumbest post in the history of the interweb.

Congratulations.

Reaction Score
can we delete this thread. I can't take looking at it every 30 seconds i refresh (my self ban from the conf realignment board lasted 8 days; back to constant refreshing!)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't agree with this idea at all, but how is it a mistake to assume basketball can exist without football.

There wouldn't be a football program with the success of the basketball team, not the other way around.

Yes they wouldn't have upgraded without basketball. Note they sold upgrading football to protect basketball.

If you don't see the endgame I'll ruin it for you: If you don't compete in football you won't compete in basketball.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No way. The football program would have a very difficult time filling a 12 game schedule, especially when conferences are becoming "super" and will fill their schools' schedules with extra conference games. UConn is better off staying put and, unfortunately, waiting until the next wave of realignment to move out of the Big East.

The only kind of concession I'd be willing to make would be revenue wise up to a certain number of years and to get into the B1G only.

They could fill a 12 game schedule. It would just be awkward playing 10 road games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom