OT: - ACC conf tourney will not include all teams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: ACC conf tourney will not include all teams

Reaction Score
I remember the day we got passed over for the ACC, and then yet again, and again… thought it might be the end of the good old days.

And looking back now, maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

Monetarily we might have lost but with all those championship rings we now have and recently reminded by watching Syracuse storm court by beating UNC - wow - let the ACC continue path to mediocrity. FSU is only the beginning. And Pitt/BC/VA they are footnotes where they used to be the lead story…
VA is not a footnote. They just won a national title and are currently in contention for an ACC title and they could be a threat in the tournament.

Reaction Score
You have to imagine that this might affect recruiting on some level for bottom teams.

If you were a lower tier recruit and had the choice between BC or a MAC school and wanted to further your career in basketball, maybe you go to place where you have a shot to play in the NCAA tournament. I get that you can always transfer out, and that a BC education is worth a lot more, I just think this news might have a minimal impact on recruiting
But if it hurts BC, that’s always a good thing!

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
if you want to maximize a potential career in basketball you play at the highest possible competitive level commensurate with your skill.
So not the ACC.

Reaction Score
If you play crappy all season you don't deserve to make the conference tournament. I hate bid stealers.

Reaction Score
For us boomers watching the once mighty Cuse get all giddy over beating another team in the regular season conference play - so much so that they storm the court? well it was a defining moment of how the once mighty have fallen into the middling D 1 programs. And the ACC football that was supposed to be so great? Teetering with departure of Florida State.

So happy we are where we are. I’ll take the independent D1 Football w/ no playoff and watching us rack up the rings in Basketball. Syracuse, VT, BC, Pitt can be seen on the ACC Network that less and less people are watching.
Just lost to Georgia Tech lol

Reaction Score
I remember the day we got passed over for the ACC, and then yet again, and again… thought it might be the end of the good old days.

And looking back now, maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

Monetarily we might have lost but with all those championship rings we now have and recently reminded by watching Syracuse storm court by beating UNC - wow - let the ACC continue path to mediocrity. FSU is only the beginning. And Pitt/BC/VA they are footnotes where they used to be the lead story…
well if it was BC that kept us out, then how'd that work out for them?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom