ACC-BIG TEN Women' Challenge Cancelled. | The Boneyard

ACC-BIG TEN Women' Challenge Cancelled.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Big 10 ... bunch of chumps.

ACC/Big Ten Women's Basketball Challenge nixed this season by Big Ten, says ACC

The ACC/Big Ten Challenge is continuing this season in men's basketball, but not in women's basketball. That was the Big Ten's decision, ACC commissioner John Swofford said.

The Big Ten has not responded to ESPN's request for a comment.

"The ACC was committed to playing this year's ACC/Big Ten Women's Basketball Challenge," Swofford said in a statement. "And we are disappointed for the student-athletes, coaches and fans that will not have the opportunity to enjoy this premier event in 2020."

Reaction Score
Can you imagine the outcry that would happen if the situation were reversed and the men's challenge was canceled but the women played. But that will never happen.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Big 10 ... bunch of chumps.

ACC/Big Ten Women's Basketball Challenge nixed this season by Big Ten, says ACC

The ACC/Big Ten Challenge is continuing this season in men's basketball, but not in women's basketball. That was the Big Ten's decision, ACC commissioner John Swofford said.

The Big Ten has not responded to ESPN's request for a comment.

"The ACC was committed to playing this year's ACC/Big Ten Women's Basketball Challenge," Swofford said in a statement. "And we are disappointed for the student-athletes, coaches and fans that will not have the opportunity to enjoy this premier event in 2020."
Maybe the Big Ten didn't want its conference RPI to be dragged down by playing teams like Pitt :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maybe the Big Ten didn't want its conference RPI to be dragged down by playing teams like Pitt :cool:

Pitt's gonna be a sleeper this year in the ACC. I predict a top 12 finish for them.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Pitt's gonna be a sleeper this year in the ACC. I predict a top 12 finish for them.
Ok, I'll bite, ahead of which schools? its not that I doubt you, just curious... :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ok, I'll bite, ahead of which schools? its not that I doubt you, just curious... :)

Virginia and Clemson for sure... and one of either Duke or Georgia Tech.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom