ACC Awards: X Girl FOY | The Boneyard

ACC Awards: X Girl FOY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am still somewhat surprised that Alexis Jones of Duke didn't went the Frosh award. Xylina McDaniel is very talented though, but boy, what an attitude! I am going to the ACC Tournament, so we shall see how that goes -- Lord help us when ND joins the ACC ...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I am still somewhat surprised that Alexis Jones of Duke didn't went the Frosh award. Xylina McDaniel is very talented though, but boy, what an attitude! I am going to the ACC Tournament, so we shall see how that goes -- Lord help us when ND joins the ACC ...
What attitude have you seen?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
From what I saw, I'm surprised Alexis Jones didn't win ACC FOY as well, but Xylena is a good choice too. I'm not aware of any attitude she had - even when UCONN was recruiting her, the issue seemed to be uncertainty about playing so far from home, etc etc. Given the verbals and then subsequent transfers of EDD and Samarie, I can see why Geno was concerned about pursuing a kid who seemed lukewarm on the idea of committing to UCONN...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

:rolleyes: She does have alot of attitude..... saw her in person this past Sunday..... Complaining and whining about every call and no call.....pouting...... just a general display of petulance all around. Then again, if I was in quick foul trouble, and was generally ineffective for the whole game, I wouldnt be in the best of moods either. She also got a Technical foul in the first meeting vs Duke for a bit of extracurricular activity after a held ball with Chelsea Gray . Hopefully for her sake, and UNC's.... she will mature during her college career. She has the ability to become one of the better players in UNC history.

I did see her father in the stands Sunday.... still an intimidating figure. Made me feel old though..... I remember buying a pair (well my mother bought them) of his signature Spotbilt X-press basketball shoes in high school... loved his play with the SuperSonics .

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
welp there goes her reputation...

Reaction Score

The whole season she has been just fussing and arguing over every single call and of course exclaiming nothing was ever her fault. But her attitude Sunday just stunk -- slamming her hands on the court, etc. Just not a pretty sight; she is constantly in foul trouble. She is very talented but wow, someone needs to keep her under wraps. But then again Carolina has quite a few players that just have massive chips on their shoulders, so they may be rubbing off on her.

Reaction Score
welp there goes her reputation...
this "attitude" stuff is coming from duke fans.....so, no shocker here. hopefully ppl have enough sense to not take what a blue devil stan says about tarheel players to heart.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
this "attitude" stuff is coming from duke fans.....so, no shocker here. hopefully ppl have enough sense to not take what a blue devil stan says about tarheel players to heart.

:rolleyes:

You assume Im a Duke blue Devil fan ??? For all you know I could be a James Madison fan, or a Duquesne fan.

How many times have you seen the X-woman play this year?

Reaction Score

You assume Im a Duke blue Devil fan ??? For all you know I could be a James Madison fan, or a Duquesne fan.

I've seen your posts on here, you're a Dookie fan.

I've seen her play in four games.

Reaction Score
I dont understand the surprise. X was the 2nd leading scorer on a team that had an unexpected top 15 ranking.
Jones was the 5th starter on a fairly loaded Duke team.

Both are very good players, but X was a much bigger contributor to her team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I think it's Duquesne, because the Triad is where the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers merge to form the Ohio. :)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
:rolleyes: She does have alot of attitude..... saw her in person this past Sunday..... Complaining and whining about every call and no call.....pouting...... just a general display of petulance all around. Then again, if I was in quick foul trouble, and was generally ineffective for the whole game, I wouldnt be in the best of moods either. She also got a Technical foul in the first meeting vs Duke for a bit of extracurricular activity after a held ball with Chelsea Gray . Hopefully for her sake, and UNC's.... she will mature during her college career. She has the ability to become one of the better players in UNC history.

I did see her father in the stands Sunday.... still an intimidating figure. Made me feel old though..... I remember buying a pair (well my mother bought them) of his signature Spotbilt X-press basketball shoes in high school... loved his play with the SuperSonics .

Meeeeeoooowwwww

Reaction Score
Are you implying that if a person is a fan of a particular team they are incapable of objectivity in respect to that teams rivals? Interesting, since Tri has stated that he thought that tarheel McDanial should win the Freshman of the Year Award over Duke's Jones even though there were even some Ucon fans that thought otherwise. That would suggesting that no one should take that statement of his about a tarheel player too heart either? You see Tri, even though he is a Dukie, has never been an over the top homy with his posts on this site in that respect. The question that really needs to be asked is --- What team are you a fan of?

Reaction Score
Hey Milhusk, I liked your comment, " Does she think she plays for ND". lol

I heard somewhere that her grades were not up to Geno's standard. Grades plus attitude = UNC

Reaction Score
X Update from the ACC Tournament (ha!)

I attended both the Saturday & Sunday games. No, I am not a UNC fan by nature; but I do believe they have a ton of talent on their team. They really put up a great game Saturday against Maryland. However, yesterday they go creamed by Duke (much like the men did, ha!) But I agree that Xylina McDaniel is very talented and I feel has a great future ahead of her. But when the refs call her for something, she just gets angry way too easily -- you can read it all over her body language. Twice yesterday she had to be held back -- one by a fellow UNC player who kept telling her it's okay, let it go (this was from my front row, baseline seat); and then the second time was when Sylvia herself held her on the sideline for a period to let her settle. I really hope it's just her "Freshman Frustration" as I do think she has a lot of potential. But we shall see. I am glad UConn didn't get her now!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
y'all some cold people... who knows if she would have been like that at UConn. the "I'm glad we didn't get her" is a cop out when a recruit decides to attend any school other than UConn. Its tired

Reaction Score
y'all some cold people... who knows if she would have been like that at UConn. the "I'm glad we didn't get her" is a cop out when a recruit decides to attend any school other than UConn. Its tired

Who needs Xylina McDaniel, when you can continually watch Caroline Doty go scoreless against ND and Baylor?

Reaction Score
Who needs Xylina McDaniel, when you can continually watch Caroline Doty go scoreless against ND and Baylor?

After seeing all the flack that Tiffany Hayes got for her big game performances, I was actually happy that people seemed to be going easier on Caroline. Guess I spoke too soon ... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom