ACC Announces 2013 Conference Football Opponents | The Boneyard

ACC Announces 2013 Conference Football Opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty matrix here

"Greensboro, N.C.—The Atlantic Coast Conference Friday announced the football conference opponents and sites for the 2013 season incorporating new members Pitt and Syracuse into the 14-team league. As the conference did in its previous expansion schedule model in 2006, this year's schedule of league football opponents is entirely a new scheduling model that is not based off the previous schedule.

The complete 2013 ACC Football Schedule, including specific dates, is expected to be announced in early February.

Each ACC team will play eight conference games in football (four home and four away), six games within their division (three home, three away) and two games (one home, one away) with crossover opponents from the opposite division. In 2013, all Atlantic Division members will host their primary crossover opponent while Coastal Division members will host a rotating crossover opponent.

Each school's primary crossover opponent does not change, while its rotating crossover opponent will change each year. With the exception of Pitt and Syracuse, all schools will be playing their rotating crossover opponent for the first time since 2009. Pitt joins the Coastal Division while Syracuse will compete in the Atlantic Division and the two schools will play each other annually as primary crossovers. The other primary crossovers will stay consistent. The primary crossovers are:

Atlantic Division Coastal Division
Boston College Virginia Tech
Clemson Georgia Tech
Florida State Miami
Maryland Virginia
NC State North Carolina
Syracuse Pitt
Wake Forest Duke

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I just read that. How depressing. If BC didn't block UConn, we could have had Pitt's schedule. Which is...

Home
-Miami
-North Carolina
-Virginia
-Florida State
Away
-Duke
-Georgia Tech
-Virginia Tech
-Syracuse

Meanwhile...UConn's conference schedule next year is:

Home
-Louisville
-Rutgers
-San Diego State (..or not)
-USF
Away
-UCF
-Cincy
-SMU
-Temple

That is a cold dose of reality.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

This is like a HuskyFanDan post but without the slashes.

Reaction Score
USA Today - Winners/Losers

WINNER:Pittsburgh gets perhaps the most attractive home schedule in the league with Miami, North Carolina, Virginia and Florida State all coming to Heinz Field. Notre Dame also visits in 2013. Quite a welcome to the league for the Panthers.

LOSER: Florida State has struggled to sell out Doak Campbell Stadium in recent years, and one of the major complaints from fans is the home schedule. Well, the Seminoles don't get much of a break there in 2013 with Maryland, N.C. State, Syracuse and Miami all coming to Tallahassee. Combined with a home non-conference slate of Nevada, Idaho and Wofford, there could be a lot of empty seats in the Doak.

WINNER:Clemson lost at Florida State last season, but the good news is they do not have to make a repeat trip to Tallahassee. The Tigers are the expected ACC favorites in 2013 and could be a darkhorse national championship contender with senior Tajh Boyd returning at quarterback. If Clemson can hold serve at home against Georgia to open the season, the Tigers will be in prime position, and they get a pretty favorable ACC slate with road trips to Maryland, N.C. State, Syracuse and Virginia. Two of those schools (N.C. State and Syracuse) will have new coaches, Maryland is still rebuilding and Virginia is coming off a down year. No excuses for Clemson with this schedule.

LOSER:Georgia Tech has to make a second consecutive trip to Clemson and must also play at Miami and improving Duke. That's a very difficult road slate for a team that enters 2013 with a little momentum coming off a Sun Bowl win over Southern Cal.

Reaction Score
Uconn's schedule is very solid next year. We'll see about SDSU.
rutgers and uofL could both be ranked next year. It could be debated that UofL is better than anyone in the ACC including FSU.

With Michigan coming as well, attendance is going to be close to the peak, if not higher.

Reaction Score
Uconn's schedule is very solid next year. We'll see about SDSU.
rutgers and uofL could both be ranked next year. It could be debated that UofL is better than anyone in the ACC including FSU.

With Michigan coming as well, attendance is going to be close to the peak, if not higher.

How can you possibly debate FSU being as good as Louisville given that they both played Florida recently?

Reaction Score
I just read that. How depressing. If BC didn't block UConn, we could have had Pitt's schedule. Which is...

Home
-Miami
-North Carolina
-Virginia
-Florida State
Away
-Duke
-Georgia Tech
-Virginia Tech
-Syracuse

Home
-Louisville
-Rutgers
-USF
Away
-UCF
-Cincy
-SMU
-Temple

It's going to be tough for UCONN to win 4 games with that schedule.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
How can you possibly debate FSU being as good as Louisville given that they both played Florida recently?
Why is it that when I read your posts, I feel like you are yelling...

I get UofL is on a high right now. But next year is a long way off, and FSU typically has a top-tier recruiting class. I am certain someone is willing to debate that FSU will be better than UofL next year...

Reaction Score
Why is it that when I read your posts, I feel like you are yelling...

I get UofL is on a high right now. But next year is a long way off, and FSU typically has a top-tier recruiting class. I am certain someone is willing to debate that FSU will be better than UofL next year...

Since I'm writing, that would reflect entirely on how you elect to feel, now wouldn't it?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

You can debate they are better now. Determining who is better based on one opponent and the transitive property hardly works.

They are about the same to me - it's not like Louisville played like that all season.

Reaction Score
Obviously UVA/Maryland are primary crossovers since UVA will leave for the B1G and then UConn will take their spot in the ACC, playing Louisville.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
USA Today - Winners/Losers

WINNER:Pittsburgh gets perhaps the most attractive home schedule in the league with Miami, North Carolina, Virginia and Florida State all coming to Heinz Field. Notre Dame also visits in 2013. Quite a welcome to the league for the Panthers.

LOSER: Florida State has struggled to sell out Doak Campbell Stadium in recent years, and one of the major complaints from fans is the home schedule. Well, the Seminoles don't get much of a break there in 2013 with Maryland, N.C. State, Syracuse and Miami all coming to Tallahassee. Combined with a home non-conference slate of Nevada, Idaho and Wofford, there could be a lot of empty seats in the Doak.

WINNER:Clemson lost at Florida State last season, but the good news is they do not have to make a repeat trip to Tallahassee. The Tigers are the expected ACC favorites in 2013 and could be a darkhorse national championship contender with senior Tajh Boyd returning at quarterback. If Clemson can hold serve at home against Georgia to open the season, the Tigers will be in prime position, and they get a pretty favorable ACC slate with road trips to Maryland, N.C. State, Syracuse and Virginia. Two of those schools (N.C. State and Syracuse) will have new coaches, Maryland is still rebuilding and Virginia is coming off a down year. No excuses for Clemson with this schedule.

LOSER:Georgia Tech has to make a second consecutive trip to Clemson and must also play at Miami and improving Duke. That's a very difficult road slate for a team that enters 2013 with a little momentum coming off a Sun Bowl win over Southern Cal.

BC might go 0-8 in conference this year. How exactly are they not a loser? Oh yeah, they are expected to go 0-8.

Reaction Score

Because this is next year's teams? I'd start there. Also, one game is not exactly definitive proof. By that logic....

UConn beat Louisville, Louisville beat Florida, Florida beat Florida St., Florida St beat Clemson, Clemson beat LSU, LSU beat A&M, A&M beat Alabama

Therefore, UConn is better than Alabama!

q.e.d.

Reaction Score
Because this is next year's teams? I'd start there. Also, one game is not exactly definitive proof. By that logic....

UConn beat Louisville, Louisville beat Florida, Florida beat Florida St., Florida St beat Clemson, Clemson beat LSU, LSU beat A&M, A&M beat Alabama

Therefore, UConn is better than Alabama!

q.e.d.

And still, Western Michigan is better than us.

Reaction Score

Home
-Miami
-North Carolina
-Virginia
-Florida State
Away
-Duke
-Georgia Tech
-Virginia Tech
-Syracuse

Home
-Louisville
-Rutgers
-USF
Away
-UCF
-Cincy
-SMU
-Temple

IMO this is actually our best home schedule ever. There is a very real possibility of Louisville being ranked in the top 5 when we play them and Rutgers can certainly be ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom