About that early "first down" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

About that early "first down"

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
There was contact, but it was the result of a bad throw. IIRC, and CBS doesn't post game replays to check, the receiver initiated contact to come back to the badly underthrown ball.
Refs will call that every time. Had our guy turned his head to see where the ball was heading, maybe no call. Maybe even an INT.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
There was contact, but it was the result of a bad throw. IIRC, and CBS doesn't post game replays to check, the receiver initiated contact to come back to the badly underthrown ball.
I think that it's still a PI, even when underthrown. I think the bottom line is the receiver was trying to come back for the ball and the defender, not turning around, prevented them from making a play. I've seen it in the NFL a lot. I wonder if they do it intentionally.

Reaction Score
I’m 90% sure they were an ACC crew.
just did a shallow dive on the lead ref... yes they were an ACC crew. What the hell is wrong with our athletic department?

edit: UConn should be contracting with third party conferences whenever possible. I'm sure there's a A10 or whatever they are these days crew that would have loved to come out.

Reaction Score
just did a shallow dive on the lead ref... yes they were an ACC crew. What the hell is wrong with our athletic department?

edit: UConn should be contracting with third party conferences whenever possible. I'm sure there's a A10 or whatever they are these days crew that would have loved to come out.
The ACC crew was probably part of the agreement to get the game at home. I assume that will be the case for the Duke game also.

Reaction Score
There was absolutely a block in the back, it was blatant.
Saw that from where I was sitting. Another non-call I had hoped to see a replay on where it appeared as if the NC State defender ran over and through the back of a UConn receiver to make a play and the receiver was just stunned because he got run over.

Reaction Score
This... it's frequently the visiting team's conference that would provide the referees for non-conference games.
Oh like the ball state game at Ball state with MAC refs. No wait, that's wrong...

Reaction Score
Oh like the ball state game at Ball state with MAC refs. No wait, that's wrong...

We had an agreement to use MAC refs along with ACC refs for our road games

The mistake, the kind we always make by not thinking things through, was not using ACC refs for that game. Mistakenly thought the MAC refs would be impartial that game because we use them, even though we are not a member of their conference

I haven't seen anything about who we use this year so I assume it's the same. Since ACC refs tend to be good ole southern boys and we are in Georgia, I hope it is another conference we use this week

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom