ABC to Televise Six NCAA Women's Tournament Games | The Boneyard

ABC to Televise Six NCAA Women's Tournament Games

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

We’re proud to continue our commitment with the addition of ABC to our network lineup for this year’s NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Championship,” added Carol Stiff, ESPN vice president

Alexa also tweeted info, which is where I first saw the news.

You can bet UConn will be featured in at least one game.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
ESPN Announces TV Schedule. I don't like that there are games scheduled for ESPNU, which I don't get.

Reaction Score
ESPN Announces TV Schedule. I don't like that there are games scheduled for ESPNU, which I don't get.

1st two days have 16 games, and since they're all in the same time zone the window to play them is ~9-10 hours. Gonna have to be 4 games going at once at a few points, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 .... that leaves ESPNU.
And sked will be even tighter on day 2 of round 1, as they surely wont be using ABC on a Monday.

You can bet that lowest profile games will be on the U.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

If you have a smart TV, you should be able to get all of the ESPNU games if you subscribe to ESPN+ for a month which costs $12.99.

Reaction Score
Why ESPN has never stepped up and broadcast four games at same time on four different channels is mind boggling (not that they don't have channels to begin with), it's taken this crazy Covid season to finally snap some sense into ESPN. The whip-around telecasts to various games was nuts. Give the choice to the viewers for the games they want to see and be done with it. ESPN is finally taking a page from CBS, TBS, TNT and TruTV broadcasting the Men's games for the first two rounds.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

That's a lot of basketball on TV. I can't watch every game, but I'm going to try and watch a part (at least a half) of every game in UConn's bracket. The Boneyard will be THE place to be during the tournament. I expect a lot of fans of other programs to drop in too.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Why ESPN has never stepped up and broadcast four games at same time on four different channels is mind boggling (not that they don't have channels to begin with), it's taken this crazy Covid season to finally snap some sense into ESPN. The whip-around telecasts to various games was nuts. Give the choice to the viewers for the games they want to see and be done with it. ESPN is finally taking a page from CBS, TBS, TNT and TruTV broadcasting the Men's games for the first two rounds.
They were always available on DirecTV and I believe Dish as well. Never watched the whip-around, always taped all 4 "same-time" games and watched the one(s) - or parts thereof - that I wanted, not what ESPN wanted to show me.

Reaction Score
Why ESPN has never stepped up and broadcast four games at same time on four different channels is mind boggling
I can’t imagine that first round games have very good ratings. How many people want to watch 7 Alabama vs 10 Florida St ?
Even the so-called marquee games (UConn, SoCar, Baylor, etc) are usually snoozer blowouts over before half time.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
If you have a smart TV, you should be able to get all of the ESPNU games if you subscribe to ESPN+ for a month which costs $12.99.
Since ESPN is the primary network for the tournament, Its nice to know that FOX can't keep us from being on a REAL NATIONAL WBB NETWORK.

Reaction Score
ESPN+ is $4.99/mo

You might be thinking of Disney+, which includes ESPN+

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom