AB gets bad rap | The Boneyard

AB gets bad rap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Went back and watched the first few minutes of the game. AB was pulled when Thomas hit a 17' right elbow jumper. That put U down 10-2. Thomas had the second basket on a foul line drive to the basket for a layup. Three other times H went down low to Thomas but AB played him well and Thomas had to pass the ball back out. AB was in good position on the 17' ft jumper and played him against the drive. I believe KO was overly harsh in not giving AB another chance in the game.

On the offensive end we fell behind early because DD had two travels and a shot blocked on the first 4 possessions..

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I dunno how many times I asked the TV why Amida wasn't playing. He's raw, sure, but he's a big body & a shot blocker. If he's in there, Houston is at least altering their shots around the rim. Tyler Olander fouls out with his "senior leadership". Amida couldn't have done worst than that, IMO.

Reaction Score
And I thought TO's raps were pretty bad :)

All kidding aside, FWIW, I'd let AB in and let him find his way - even if he fouls out.

Reaction Score
First, TO did not commit a fifth foul.

Second, even if Thomas exposed AB away from the basket, I'd rather he shoot over AB from there than leave it to DD to defend him inside in crunch time.

I hope the taste of Huston in their mouths vaccinates them from further such games.

Reaction Score
I dunno how many times I asked the TV why Amida wasn't playing. He's raw, sure, but he's a big body & a shot blocker. If he's in there, Houston is at least altering their shots around the rim. Tyler Olander fouls out with his "senior leadership". Amida couldn't have done worst than that, IMO.
I dispute that he is a big body, a tall body yes but a big body no. He's 7 foot 185 soaking wet? Don't get me wrong I love the potential but at this weight he is limited.

Reaction Score
I dispute that he is a big body, a tall body yes but a big body no. He's 7 foot 185 soaking wet? Don't get me wrong I love the potential but at this weight he is limited.

If it means anything, UConn has Amida's weight at 217 lbs. Nolan is 212 lbs. Olander is the "beefy" guy in the middle at 230 lbs! LOL I think Storr's needs a Five Guy's on campus!

Reaction Score
Was actually joking on the 185 but we are outmuscled every game down there.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Anyone else remember how after the Maryland game people were saying how he was going to be way better than Hasheem was as a freshman? Also drawing comparisons to Dikembe?

AB has looked decent in stretches but doesn't have any concept of defense or rebounding as he simply tries to block every shot. More often than, I feel like he gets out of position defensively due to this and instead of boxing out his man, he can't because he attempted the block.

He's raw, he deserves more minutes, he'll be good, but let's temper our expectations.

Reaction Score

You have a smart tv?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Anyone else remember how after the Maryland game people were saying how he was going to be way better than Hasheem was as a freshman? Also drawing comparisons to Dikembe?

AB has looked decent in stretches but doesn't have any concept of defense or rebounding as he simply tries to block every shot. More often than, I feel like he gets out of position defensively due to this and instead of boxing out his man, he can't because he attempted the block.

He's raw, he deserves more minutes, he'll be good, but let's temper our expectations.

The only thing I remember about Hash as a freshman was his jump hook off the side of the backboard.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The only thing I remember about Hash as a freshman was his jump hook off the side of the backboard.

Lol. Good times.

That being said, we'd kill for anyone on our front line to give us Hasheem's freshman numbers.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If it means anything, UConn has Amida's weight at 217 lbs. Nolan is 212 lbs. Olander is the "beefy" guy in the middle at 230 lbs! LOL I think Storr's needs a Five Guy's on campus!
TO really only weighs 230? Jesus, I'm a foot shorter than him and 220 and I'm not really even a big guy. We need some big ass dudes! AB is actually fairly muscular up top but man are his base and legs tiny. Really hard to box out like that.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I think that we are far enough into the season to make the judgement that Brimah has the highest upside of our bigs. He and the team will benefit from more PT.
Yes Yes Yes!!

Let him play!!

Reaction Score
still too stiff and doesnt move his feet well, but at least he gives effort on def. unlike DD who has been terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom