Aaron Torres Sports Podcast | The Boneyard

Aaron Torres Sports Podcast

Reaction Score
WhereYouAt I am guessing.

"Come check out my podcast of 1 hour and 29 minutes of sports talk with 30 seconds of Uconn mention." I wish the OP told us where the Uconn talk was instead of having to listen to the first 10 minutes gloating how great the podcast is

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
"Come check out my podcast of 1 hour and 29 minutes of sports talk with 30 seconds of Uconn mention." I wish the OP told us where the Uconn talk was instead of having to listen to the first 10 minutes gloating how great the podcast is
Starts around 39 minutes in, actually a good 15 minutes worth of UConn talk, not bad at all.

Biggest takeaway:
According to a source inside the program, if Ollie is not fired after the season, you can expect another mass exodus of current players again. Thought that was pretty enlightening considering many on this board assume the opposite, worth the listen though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Starts around 39 minutes in, actually a good 15 minutes worth of UConn talk, not bad at all.

Biggest takeaway:
According to a source inside the program, if Ollie is not fired after the season, you can expect anot her mass exodus of current players again. Thought that was pretty enlightening considering many on this board assume the opposite, worth the listen though.
Been saying this.

Ollie is done here, it's just about making the buyout work.

Reaction Score
It is way WAY more than 30 seconds....and nothing mentioned is untrue except for getting "smoked" by cuse the last two years as they actually won last year and kept it respectable this year (again, not "smoked"), so he was wrong about that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Biggest takeaway:
According to a source inside the program, if Ollie is not fired after the season, you can expect another mass exodus of current players again. Thought that was pretty enlightening considering many on this board assume the opposite, worth the listen though.

Interesting. Would that be older players who realize that playing for KO does nothing to advance their careers (Adams, Larrier), younger guys who haven't gotten much of a look (Polley, Diarra, Williams), or guys who would actually form the core of the next 2-3 years (Gilbert, Vital, Carlton, Whaley, Wilson)?

I assume Cobb is gone either way.

Reaction Score

Biggest takeaway:

Probably the same source Goodman has, that or Torres is making stuff up. Not difficult to pass off that scoop as coming from an inside source - it's pretty easy to imagine an exodus happening again.

I would love to be a fly on the wall for the player's exit meetings w/ Benedict. The school may not really have a choice re: KO, we might be fielding a low-major caliber squad next year if enough kids leave.

Reaction Score
Probably the same source Goodman has, that or Torres is making stuff up. Not difficult to pass off that scoop as coming from an inside source - it's pretty easy to imagine an exodus happening again.

I would love to be a fly on the wall for the player's exit meetings w/ Benedict. The school may not really have a choice re: KO, we might be fielding a low-major caliber squad next year if enough kids leave.
my thoughts are that there's a good chance we're going to have to rebuild again even if Ollie stays. We might as well start the rebuild with a new coach

Reaction Score
my thoughts are that there's a good chance we're going to have to rebuild again even if Ollie stays. We might as well start the rebuild with a new coach

Absolutely, I agree. Whoever the coach of this program is next year will be rebuilding, whether it's Ollie or Hurley or someone else.

Reaction Score
Honestly, my guess is that’s a throw away comment based on what Goodman said. Reality is, very few people on this squad should want out. Polley, Whaley, Carlton, Diarra and Vitale should be looking forward to the future. They need a point guard to help them but the minutes are there for the taking.

Reaction Score
Honestly, my guess is that’s a throw away comment based on what Goodman said. Reality is, very few people on this squad should want out. Polley, Whaley, Carlton, Diarra and Vitale should be looking forward to the future. They need a point guard to help them but the minutes are there for the taking.
Does it matter if there's playing time if they don't think Ollie is a good coach or they don't think they're being used properly? Just look at the mass exodus last year as an example of that

Reaction Score
Does it matter if there's playing time if they don't think Ollie is a good coach or they don't think they're being used properly? Just look at the mass exodus last year as an example of that

Seriously.

Enoch, Durham, and Jackson would probably be combining for 60 mpg on this roster. They would rather play 0 mpg this year than play for KO.

Reaction Score
It is way WAY more than 30 seconds....and nothing mentioned is untrue except for getting "smoked" by cuse the last two years as they actually won last year and kept it respectable this year (again, not "smoked"), so he was wrong about that.

I gave that part a listen, was pleasantly surprised how in depth it was. Stupid for me to presume it was just a 30 second clip. I agreed with what he said.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Interesting. Would that be older players who realize that playing for KO does nothing to advance their careers (Adams, Larrier), younger guys who haven't gotten much of a look (Polley, Diarra, Williams), or guys who would actually form the core of the next 2-3 years (Gilbert, Vital, Carlton, Whaley, Wilson)?

I assume Cobb is gone either way.
Based on what we have seen of KO and the rest of his lackies cashing in their UConn basketball pension, probably most of the players you listed. The common denominator is he can't develop anyone, so whether you are playing or are on the bench you want out.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I have no clue how legit Torres’ sources are, but this year feels like worse version of last year, and we saw what happened there. It’s out of anyone’s hands. People who want out will leave. Vital and Carlton would sting the most, but I like Diarra and Whaley too. Depressing.

Reaction Score
I said elsewhere I would want Ollie to stay if he can show over rest of season he can

Biggest takeaway:

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Our AD had exit interviews to pinpoint why guys left. If it happened again, & he plans on keeping Ollie, plans could change.

Reaction Score
He has no reliable source. Unless he's friends with these players parents he has no clue what is going to happen after the season.

I'm sure Aaron Torres reads the boneyard so please do us all a favor and go back to writing about Kentucky or Duke or whatever.

Reaction Score
Are you sure they're just not "UConn guys?"

My favorite cop out, " I want them to play for the name on the front of the jersey"

The coach motivates the players.

Calhoun was a master at it. Ollie has transfers, and and fifth years.

Reaction Score
My favorite cop out, " I want them to play for the name on the front of the jersey"

The coach motivates the players.

Calhoun was a master at it. Ollie has transfers, and and fifth years.

It's one of two things. Ollie either cannot identify the type of player he wants or he's incapable of molding players into the type of player he wants. Either way, it's a problem

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom