Aaron Jones saves Field Day | The Boneyard

Aaron Jones saves Field Day

Reaction Score
I am a Pats fan but this guy has become my favorite running back in the league over the last 3 months. Aaron Jones (cousin to Tristen Newton) donated money to a Bridgeport magnet school to help save field day after it was cancelled due to last weeks poor air quality,

Reaction Score
I realize this probably isn't the most appropriate place, but it's ridiculous that we have schools so underfunded they can't afford a rain date for a field day. We need to do better by our kids.

Aaron Jones is a good dude.

Reaction Score
I realize this probably isn't the most appropriate place, but it's ridiculous that we have schools so underfunded they can't afford a rain date for a field day. We need to do better by our kids.

Aaron Jones is a good dude.
What about the facilities the Bridgeport schools have? My kid played a varsity soccer game near Seaside Park against Kolbe a few years ago on a mostly dirt lot filled with holes and broken bottles all over the sidelines. I felt bad for those kids. Kids deserve descent facilities.

Reaction Score
What about the facilities the Bridgeport schools have? My kid played a varsity soccer game near Seaside Park against Kolbe a few years ago on a mostly dirt lot filled with holes and broken bottles all over the sidelines. I felt bad for those kids. Kids deserve descent facilities.

School budgeting is super complicated, so I'm not going to claim to be an expert. And I was sitting in a budget meeting Monday afternoon!

But it does seem like the city schools have gotten the short end of the stick with Magnet/Charter schools because they're still required to do special education and transportation for kids that live in the district. That's on top of just having less of a tax base in these areas, and CT has one of (maybe the?) highest percentage of local education funding of any state. Facilities also don't change... you can send 15% of your students to a magnet school, but Kolbe high school still needs to be heated to 65 degrees in the winter. Hartford and New Haven tend to soak up a lot of the state funding as well.

Looks like Bridgeport's per pupil spending is about 16k and the state average is 19k. About 20,000 students in the district. If my math is right, that means they're $60,000,000 short of the average for state spending-ish. That could pay for a decent soccer field.

Reaction Score

I went to Bridgeport Central, we had to pick up rocks on the baseball field. The entire team was rock picking. Good thing I was a terrible hitter, I only did it for 2 years.

Reaction Score
I am a Pats fan but this guy has become my favorite running back in the league over the last 3 months. Aaron Jones (cousin to Tristen Newton) donated money to a Bridgeport magnet school to help save field day after it was cancelled due to last weeks poor air quality,

Agreed. After saquon. He’s my fave no doubt.

Reaction Score
Aaron Jones is a great person and running back. Always try to grab him on my fantasy squad. That said, I can't wait to see him courtside at games this year. They just seem to be a bit better with him going crazy.

Reaction Score
Aaron walks the walk.. Class act.. Gonna add to his Husky threads for another season.. Will be "calling Tristen" after those made threes..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom