2023 Recruiting: - Aaron Bradshaw | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Aaron Bradshaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the class after clingan? glad staff is trying but i dont see it. consensus seems that clingan is a 3 year player.

Reaction Score
We can have Bradshaw and Clingan on the roster the same way we'll have Sanogo and Clingan in 2022
yeah but that would only be for 1 year unless are you expecting clingan and sanogo to be on the roster together for 2 years? that would mean sanogo is here as a senior which in turn would also mean sanogo, clingan, and bradshaw are all on the roster together for 1 year (plus samson).

sanogo is two classes ahead of clingan whereas clingan is only 1 ahead of bradshaw. therein lies the difference imo.

Reaction Score
yeah but that would only be for 1 year unless are you expecting clingan and sanogo to be on the roster together for 2 years? that would mean sanogo is here as a senior which in turn would also mean sanogo, clingan, and bradshaw are all on the roster together for 1 year (plus samson).

sanogo is two classes ahead of clingan whereas clingan is only 1 ahead of bradshaw. therein lies the difference imo.
I don't know what to make of Sanogo anymore, the NIL changes a lot with him. If you asked me a few months ago I would have said Sanogo and Clingan didn't overlap at all. I'd say Sanogo leaving as a junior now is the most likely scenario.

But the arguments you're making form a compelling case for why Bradshaw might not consider UConn but I see no reason why they shouldn't recruit him. We'll need a C in the 2023 class and when you're a top 25 recruit you're going to be competing with good players at the 5 no matter what school you go to

Reaction Score
I don't know what to make of Sanogo anymore, the NIL changes a lot with him. If you asked me a few months ago I would have said Sanogo and Clingan didn't overlap at all. I'd say Sanogo leaving as a junior now is the most likely scenario.

But the arguments you're making form a compelling case for why Bradshaw might not consider UConn but I see no reason why they shouldn't recruit him. We'll need a C in the 2023 class and when you're a top 25 recruit you're going to be competing with good players at the 5 no matter what school you go to

Will we need a 5 in 2023? Don’t get me wrong, Bradshaw seems like a fantastic player and I would be thrilled to see UConn land him, but going into the 2023 season we’ll potentially have a…

1) Senior Adama Sanogo
2) Junior Samson Johnson
3) Sophomore Donovan Clingan

I guess the expectation is Adama and/or Samson will be draft bound in 2022-23. I suppose it’s good to build the relationship with 2023 C prospects as contingency.

Reaction Score
Will we need a 5 in 2023? Don’t get me wrong, Bradshaw seems like a fantastic player and I would be thrilled to see UConn land him, but going into the 2023 season we’ll potentially have a…

1) Senior Adama Sanogo
2) Junior Samson Johnson
3) Sophomore Donovan Clingan

I guess the expectation is Adama and/or Samson will be draft bound in 2022-23. I suppose it’s good to build the relationship with 2023 C prospects as contingency.
I would put the odds at Sanogo being here for his senior year at close to 0%, though I'd obviously love him to still be here dominating.

Maybe things change a year from now and next summer they prioritize someone else, but I don't think you can not recruit any 2023 centers at this point because of 2 guys in Clingan/Johnson who haven't played a minute of college basketball yet. Even if both are major pieces you're looking at Springs and Johnson as 4/5 combo guys and Clingan as a pure 5, that still feels like a team who needs another big

Reaction Score
I would put the odds at Sanogo being here for his senior year at close to 0%, though I'd obviously love him to still be here dominating.

Maybe things change a year from now and next summer they prioritize someone else, but I don't think you can not recruit any 2023 centers at this point because of 2 guys in Clingan/Johnson who haven't played a minute of college basketball yet. Even if both are major pieces you're looking at Springs and Johnson as 4/5 combo guys and Clingan as a pure 5, that still feels like a team who needs another big

If Sanogo is gone which I agree is likely by 2023, no doubt we’ll need a C in the class. Bradshaw or Miranda both seem like great options in this class.

Reaction Score

this is surprising coming from you. thought you didnt like having a big man logjam like we do this year. i agree we could use always use a stretch big but i think 3 or 4 guys that can play the 5 is enough.

Reaction Score
this is surprising coming from you. thought you didnt like having a big man logjam like we do this year. i agree we could use always use a stretch big but i think 3 or 4 guys that can play the 5 is enough.
Definitely agree 3 or 4 is enough, and preferably 3 because you're right I do hate having a logjam. I'm just not sure we have 3 for 2022 right now. Clingan is definitely 1, I'd like to see Johnson play before I can definitively say he's 2 and even if I listed him I can't see Springs getting any serious minutes at the 5. So that's still only 2 at best for the 5 spot

Reaction Score
Definitely agree 3 or 4 is enough, and preferably 3 because you're right I do hate having a logjam. I'm just not sure we have 3 for 2022 right now. Clingan is definitely 1, I'd like to see Johnson play before I can definitively say he's 2 and even if I listed him I can't see Springs getting any serious minutes at the 5. So that's still only 2 at best for the 5 spot
i see. well i have springs as the backup 5 when he's a redshirt senior in '23. he's already 6'9 225 and i dont like playing guys at PF that are not good 3 point shooters (you dont either). i'm also assuming clingan will be starting and averaging 30 mpg as a soph. samsom starting at PF. i want a backup stretch 4 for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom