Aaliyah ESPN interview | The Boneyard

Aaliyah ESPN interview

Reaction Score
I kinda half wished Aaliyah had turned the question about CD back to Rebecca after she'd had her say:

"What stories do you remember about CD, Rebecca?"
Hmm - think you would have had the communications poise as a college junior under those circumstances to navigate that turning the question back? Tough on our kids.... And you gotta hang it out there in public - not kind!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Had just finished watching the Michigan-UNC game (and a few highlights) and this interview popped up. I don't get the chance to hear Ms. Edwards so often, so decided to hear it out. Glad I did: well-spoken, polite and obviously a "team-first" player. Liked her being up-front about how "confidence" has helped her play well day-in, day-out and loved the answer about her best Xmas present being home with the family for three days.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Lurker, you are criticizing Bone Dog for their comment being "unkind"?

C'mon, man.

I see no unkindness at all in their comment. Just sharing a thought that occurred to them while watching the clip.

Reaction Score
Her response about Gym time in the off season has been critical in her developement. She now has low post moves. She now has a confirmed elbow jumper which has to be guarded and when to they do guard her tightly at the elbow she now drives past them for a score. She is a triple threat and her foul shooting has improved as well. Last but not least is she is a great defender and rebounder. Last year she shut down Maddie Segriest and I look forward to her doing it again. She and Lou have carried the scoring load for us since Azzi went down. She has my vote for an All American everyday. !!!!!

Reaction Score
I have no idea what you thought was unkind, @Lurker . I was impressed by Aaliyah in this interview, as I have been every time I hear her speak to the press. In this case, we had a unique situation. She was asked a question by another Husky about someone they both know and have both worked with. I never said Aaliyah didn't answer well -- she answered very well. But I was curious what stories Rebecca could tell about CD. And it would have been incredibly sweet for the current dominant Husky big to ask a friendly question of the former dominant Husky big. Aren't you the least bit curious how Rebecca might have responded?

Too many people in the Red-Thumb-Brigade these days. I get that we're all a little on edge these days because of the injuries. But a little self-control is called for.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Aaliyah came to UConn with an air of maturity about her. Now she has cemented it, as it shows in this interview, and she has reinforced it with her expanded skills repertoire. I love her motor. Keep it up Ms. Canada.

Reaction Score
Her response about Gym time in the off season has been critical in her developement. She now has low post moves. She now has a confirmed elbow jumper which has to be guarded and when to they do guard her tightly at the elbow she now drives past them for a score. She is a triple threat and her foul shooting has improved as well. Last but not least is she is a great defender and rebounder. Last year she shut down Maddie Segriest and I look forward to her doing it again. She and Lou have carried the scoring load for us since Azzi went down. She has my vote for an All American everyday. !!!!!

To expand on that, it was actually having access to a gym versus making the effort. All of the Canadian teams competing at FIBA or the Olympics last year had to train the in the US before heading out to compete due to our restrictions during the pandemic. Off-season training was challenging to say the least.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom