OT: AAF>NBA | The Boneyard

OT: AAF>NBA

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
At least on opening night. Maybe it was curiosity. The fact that a brand new professional football game can get more viewers than an NBA primetime game with high via players like Harden and Westbrook is telling.

Temporarily suspending Rule #1 (Any change on college football is a kick for UConn), an alternative league with big money backing, known NFL executive experience and network TV has to be respected.

They aren't beholden to 3 years school draft policy and are offering $250k for a 3 year contract with benefits.

Couple of thoughts. If this starts poaching near NFL level talent from college UConn can become more competitive.

Secondly, would be interesting to see if CT could ever score a team and get more revenue and usage for the Rent.

Reaction Score
At least on opening night. Maybe it was curiosity. The fact that a brand new professional football game can get more viewers than an NBA primetime game with high via players like Harden and Westbrook is telling.

Temporarily suspending Rule #1 (Any change on college football is a kick for UConn), an alternative league with big money backing, known NFL executive experience and network TV has to be respected.

They aren't beholden to 3 years school draft policy and are offering $250k for a 3 year contract with benefits.

Couple of thoughts. If this starts poaching near NFL level talent from college UConn can become more competitive.

Secondly, would be interesting to see if CT could ever score a team and get more revenue and usage for the Rent.

Hartford is getting a freedom league team

Reaction Score
Saw Jamar Summers get a nice interception for Birmingham. Im gonna have to start tuning in for some of these games. Its great to see a new football league thats has the same playstyle as the football we all love, (unlike arena football) with decent players.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes I think a league that plays from February through April is a perfect fit for outdoor Rentschler Field.

Reaction Score
Yes I think a league that plays from February through April is a perfect fit for outdoor Rentschler Field.
Seriously, did nobody see the logic behind SLC being far-and-away the most northern city involved in a Winter outdoor football league?

They took a nod to Birmingham over Hartford.

Reaction Score
I liked the AAF games. There are a few more leagues coming. I feel this is the catalyst that will force non p5 schools to drop football and the p5 laughs to the bank.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom