A'ja Wilson pre-commitment threads (merged) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

A'ja Wilson pre-commitment threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What have you seen in Brown that makes her a better fit than a 6-5 player who can score, rebound, block shots, handle the ball and shoot the 3-ball?

Kalani Brown enjoys and wants to play center. After Kiah graduates, UCONN will have the most need for a true center. Besides, the "K" girls tend to work out well for the Huskies!

Kalana Green
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis
Kalani Brown (fingers crossed)

PS, Easttexastrash, I enjoy your posts and your Baylor perspective. It adds quite a bit to this board.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Whatever happens, I think A'ja has helped the interest in WBB. I have friends texting me and asking me to let them know when I hear. So much for getting work done.

What's the general betting line down in SC ?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
John Altavilla‏@jaltavilla·3 mins
A'ja Wilson announcement likely coming closer to 3:30 on @ESPNU
Expand

LINK

Reaction Score
What have you seen in Brown that makes her a better fit than a 6-5 player who can score, rebound, block shots, handle the ball and shoot the 3-ball?

With the makeup of UConn's roster going forward I just think Brown will fit better at UConn because she is a post that does her best work from the foul line and in. Brown is refined in her post footwork and her finishing skills with either hand are second to none. Her basketball IQ is off the charts and she has a knack for always being in good position for rebounds{like Kiah Stokes}. She is a good passer and a great defender primarily relying on her size and positioning. While I think Wilson will be a good player I also think her ball handling and jump shooting is not good enough for her to play the 3 at the next level like she wants to. I am not saying she is going to be a bad player by any means I am just saying I think UConn will benefit more from a post like Brown that will do most of her work on the inside.

T

TroyHouse66

Fan2004-
<<...she stated she does NOT want to to be a post player.... CT need for a post player could be a big reason she doesn't come here.>>

I'm not sure that Geno has ever locked into espousing "traditional" post player (ie Center) use.
It seems he creates a "5" according to the talent he has/develops.

When Stef was a newbie, Frosh body-banger, she played in one fashion... As she (literally) remolded herself, the style of UConn play changed with her. When she unveiled her polished 18' jump shot, her role metamorphosed... incorporating the multi-threat high post - shoot or assist. (This, of course, through no coincidence, intertwined with the advent of Stewie's ability.)

If A'ja wants to create a new breakthrough in WBB... a "4 1/2" role, she and Stewie could become interchangeable threats at the 4 1/2 ..."Court Wraith" position.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Here we go.... moments away per ESPN U twitter

or maybe that's just a tease, before the commercial break lol

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
simpsons.jpg

Probably alot of WCBB fans in NC, SC, TN, and CT like this right now

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
With the makeup of UConn's roster going forward I just think Brown will fit better at UConn because she is a post that does her best work from the foul line and in. Brown is refined in her post footwork and her finishing skills with either hand are second to none. Her basketball IQ is off the charts and she has a knack for always being in good position for rebounds{like Kiah Stokes}. She is a good passer and a great defender primarily relying on her size and positioning. While I think Wilson will be a good player I also think her ball handling and jump shooting is not good enough for her to play the 3 at the next level like she wants to. I am not saying she is going to be a bad player by any means I am just saying I think UConn will benefit more from a post like Brown that will do most of her work on the inside.

Have you seen them both play? I would like to get a look at both but I haven't had an opportunity to take a look for myself.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Here we go.... moments away per ESPN U twitter

or maybe that's just a tease, before the commercial break lol

Since it's the only real breaking news they will have on this show it will be in the last minute.

Reaction Score
Fan2004-
<<...she stated she does NOT want to to be a post player.... CT need for a post player could be a big reason she doesn't come here.>>

I'm not sure that Geno has ever locked into espousing "traditional" post player (ie Center) use.
It seems he creates a "5" according to the talent he has/develops.

When Stef was a newbie, Frosh body-banger, she played in one fashion... As she (literally) remolded herself, the style of UConn play changed with her. When she unveiled her polished 18' jump shot, her role metamorphosed... incorporating the multi-threat high post - shoot or assist. (This, of course, through no coincidence, intertwined with the advent of Stewie's ability.)

If A'ja wants to create a new breakthrough in WBB... a "4 1/2" role, she and Stewie could become interchangeable threats at the 4 1/2 ..."Court Wraith" position.

Of course you coach to your players strength's and that is why Dolson's role evolved as her game evolved. The thing about Wilson is she is from all accounts she wants to be a 3 not a 41/2.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Since it's the only real breaking news they will have on this show it will be in the last minute.

Yeah, they are drawing it out tremendously. They've teased it prior to TWO commercial breaks now.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Whatever happens, I think A'ja has helped the interest in WBB. I have friends texting me and asking me to let them know when I hear. So much for getting work done.

CONGRATS!!! See you in the championship game next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom