A'ja to Announce College Decision on April 16th (merged) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

A'ja to Announce College Decision on April 16th (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I don't think it's evidence that she won't be coming to UConn. But I do think it's evidence that, if she doesn't come here, we won't be missing out by not having someone with her ego.

If she does come here, Geno will have his work cut out for him to mold her into a selfless, team player.

facebook-dislike-button.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
We are an impatient lot. ESPN decided to get a little more womens' BB buzz with a press conference. I say good for them. Big leap to a LaBron moment. We should chill. This thread should chill, but it is a free board.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
We are an impatient lot. ESPN decided to get a little more womens' BB buzz with a press conference. I say good for them. Big leap to a LaBron moment. We should chill. This thread should chill, but it is a free board.

Well, I will continue to support Wilson, and I have no intention of chilling when ignorant doofae suggest that she has an inflated ego when there is no evidence to support such.No Chillin from Oz on this one.

Reaction Score
I've got nothing to add.
I'm just posting to increase the length of this thread, since I have 612 in the office pool guessing how many posts this thread will end up with.
I just heard that the 4/16 announcement on ESPNU iz that her decision will be....... postponed to the last day of the Spring signing period. ( I have 675 in the office pool):)

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
SC.. I could be wrong but maybe she wants to be the "star" of a team at UConn its just not that way. No I in team..

Baloney

How do you know that? I hate it when posters just make stuff up...there is simply no evidence that she is not a UCONN type player.

Reaction Score
4/7 Go Gamecocks - “No, I don’t pay too much attention to who wins,” Wilson laughed. “I’ll be cheering for them because I played with three of them this summer (Morgan Tuck, Moriah Jefferson and AP Player of the Year Breanna Stewart). They’re a great group of girls.”

In the past Aja stated that her and Kaydra Duckett a SC recruit are like sisters.. I'd love to see her at UConn but I think SC is getting a special player :/

Edit: Hope I'm wrong!!

Reaction Score
Baloney

How do you know that? I hate it when posters just make stuff up...there is simply no evidence that she is not a UCONN type player.
It was a response to a larger post 1+1 =. I never said she was not a fit at UConn.. We will all find out soon enough.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
You deleted your Post...too late...

"I could be wrong but maybe she wants to be the "star" of a team at UConn its just not that way." You posted that.

Why not just let this fine young woman alone to decide her own choice of matriculation?

Reaction Score
You deleted your Post...too late...

"I could be wrong but maybe she wants to be the "star" of a team at UConn its just not that way." You posted that.

Why not just let this fine young woman alone to decide her own choice of matriculation?
I deleted it because I thought it would be taken the wrong way which was exactly what happened. I followed it up with my opinion of the thread topic...

Reaction Score
I deleted it because I thought it would be taken the wrong way which was exactly what happened. I followed it up with my opinion of the thread topic...
Edit: Let me add that over the years I have NEVER bashed a player from any team. On threads on ESPN conversations boards pertaining to Aja that no matter where she goes it will be fun to see her develop over the next 4 years. Not sure why you are trying to start something with me. Im not one to spew hate.. cant say that about everyone... JS

Reaction Score
She seems like a very nice kid and I have no problem with a little bit of ego. Some players could use a little more. Auriemma knows how to adjust and mold egos to fit the overall goals of the team. They will fit or they will be gone. My concerns are with what I see on the court. To me, this is a player that is really in the gray zone between an inside and outside player. Her basic skills, shooting and passing are OK but her footwork, lateral quickness, and understanding of positioning and leverage need a lot of work. IMO, in UConns offense, it would be a long time before she could play on the perimeter. If she's not willing to get much stronger and play in the post while learning perimeter skills, UConn may be a bad fit. And she may already know this.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Edit: Let me add that over the years I have NEVER bashed a player from any team. On threads on ESPN conversations boards pertaining to Aja that no matter where she goes it will be fun to see her develop over the next 4 years. Not sure why you are trying to start something with me. Im not one to spew hate.. cant say that about everyone... JS

I don't know you, I only know your words. Not sure how I started anything, since I only responded to what you wrote. Here at The Boneyard we are all responsible for what we post.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Ozzie he deleted the post...that should count for something. We all on occasion post something that is written in not in the way we meant it and wish we could take it back...in this case he could so he did. I think we all need to respect each other's wishes a little more...it keeps the environment and the relationships healthy. I am always cognizant of the fact that none of us are here forever. I used to have a few disagreements with Huskybill...I just didn't get his sarcasm on occasion. After his recent passing I found myself wondering if I could have approached those disagreements differently. He was a great guy... I just took myself a little too seriously... Not meant to bash...just meant to create some critical thinking.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Ozzie he deleted the post...that should count for something. We all on occasion post something that is written in not in the way we meant it and wish we could take it back...in this case he could so he did. I think we all need to respect each other's wishes a little more...it keeps the environment and the relationships healthy. I am always cognizant of the fact that none of us are here forever. I used to have a few disagreements with Huskybill...I just didn't get his sarcasm on occasion. After his recent passing I found myself wondering if I could have approached those disagreements differently. He was a great guy... I just took myself a little too seriously... Not meant to bash...just meant to create some critical thinking.

Good points. I will keep them in mind.

Reaction Score
Geno said in an interview last week that he doesn't like when recruits feel it is necessary to have a press conference and have to make a big deal of her choice. So, I am sure he already knows she chose another school.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well I for on think she will come to UConn and the last 2 nite solidified it. Announcing on April 16th would make my birthday special.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
The events of the last two days have just made me totally "meh" about all this. I really used to care, intensely. Now, I really don't care at all. Hard to explain, but that's the utter truth.

Reaction Score
The events of the last two days have just made me totally "meh" about all this. I really used to care, intensely. Now, I really don't care at all. Hard to explain, but that's the utter truth.
I feel the same. We already have great recruits coming in who are pumped to be a part of this program and ready to step into the spotlight and make history.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Coaches cannot comment on recruits until they sign a LOI. Not altogether unlikely that she has told the other coaches of her decision. Geno's casual comment about Stewie's signing speaks volumes to me. He is a master communicator, whether direct or casually indirect. The fact that her announcement will be made on tv and he references this as a casual comment...it may not be a coincidence.

We don't get them all. Yet, Geno consistently gets the most out of the players he does get, in many cases more than the recruit even thought was possible. But the kid has to be willing to put up with some uncomfortable times of harsh and brutal honesty from the coaches and be willing to do things outside their comfort level. If a kid wants to have more say over what position they play how much time they play, etc. with the coaching staff, they will not be happy at UConn.

Good luck to A'ja where ever she goes. But, my gut tells me it will not be UConn. And I am ready to move on.

He has told that story a couple times in the past few weeks. Message most certainly sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom