AAC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC

Reaction Score
Of course I would. Good grief, we are raising a generation of babies.

A generation of babies that turn into healthy young men. If you knew my sons you wouldn’t say that .

Reaction Score
A generation of babies that turn into healthy young men. If you knew my sons you wouldn’t say that .
I advocate for men becoming men: the kind that storm the beaches on D-day, build suspension bridges dangling hundreds of feet above, and that sit on top thousands of pounds of explosives and go to the moon.. and that open doors for women, take care of their families, and help those in need. Football is a rough sport. It’s violent and dangerous. It also is incredibly rewarding and forces one to confront their fears, deal with pain and discomfort, deal with aggression from others, function under duress, and work as a unit for a purpose. It’s not for everybody. There are no free rides. Yes, CTE is concerning, but tens of millions have played the game in high school, hundreds of thousands in college, and tens of thousands in the pros over the last 50 years. It’s, as usual, blown way out of proportion in our everybody’s a victim society. Football has given a million fold more than it’s taken away. There are other fine, less dangerous sports suitable for those concerned, but let boys be boys.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I love this conference a lot for personal reasons. My grad school was SMU and I've been in Texas for 33 years. If you had told me ten years ago UConn FB and BB would be making regular trips to Texas, I would have thought you were crazy.

Aside from that, AAC FB gets about the same national respect that the Big East did (maybe more), but it doesn't receive the same hatred the Big East used to get. Fans in the ACC and Big 10 were jealous of Big East basketball, so they let loose their hatred on Big East FB. I don't care too much about what other people think, but it's somewhat nice not to be hated.

AAC FB is entertaining. I'm watching Temple-Cincy and the overall level of play is respectable.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
If I had an athletic son (I raised two daughters who were competitive athletes) I'd tell him one word. Baseball.
My son made the roster of a college football team in Texas, but he was the starting punter so the risk of concussions was minimal.

He left the team because practice was 20 hours per week and it was cutting into his grades; he wanted to graduate with honors and that wasn't possible for him with playing football.

Reaction Score
Yale is ranked ahead of UConn in Sagarin ratings right now. We sure drag the overall rating down, big time, at the moment. URI is ranked ahead of us, too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom