AAC Women’s LAX in 2018-2019 | The Boneyard

AAC Women’s LAX in 2018-2019

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Great move to make a hybrid American - SEC conference. Hope it grows and is successful...

Reaction Score
If this is successful do you see a push by the AAC to bring in Kentucky and South Carolina in men's soccer and Alabama and Tennessee in women's rowing? Might as well snatch up all of the SEC's leftovers.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
If this is successful do you see a push by the AAC to bring in Kentucky and South Carolina in men's soccer and Alabama and Tennessee in women's rowing? Might as well snatch up all of the SEC's leftovers.

They might expand SEC lacrosse, but the SEC already had their own men's conference. I would be all for picking up teams like WVU, who currently play in the MAC for soccer if I'm not mistaken, etc.

Reaction Score

Conferences need six teams to be eligible for an NCAA tournament automatic bid. That is the real reason for Florida and Vandy getting into the AAC for women's lacrosse. Also, it seems that the AAC for women's lacrosse is not as travel loaded as the Big East is, with teams like Denver in the mix. I doubt the AAC will be bringing in the SEC teams for men's soccer, as they already have more than enough teams to get the auto bid.

Last edited:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is terrible. The SEC schools were already in a w lacrosse conference with us: the Big East. There was really no reason to move from a better branded conference to a lesser branded conference.

Reaction Score
Meh... In women’s lacrosse there are two conferences that matter.. The ACC and the Ivies. Everyone else is pretty much in the same boat and Florida is a powerhouse.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
This is terrible. The SEC schools were already in a w lacrosse conference with us: the Big East. There was really no reason to move from a better branded conference to a lesser branded conference.

Doesn't it increase our odds for an auto bid? Honest question because I'm not sure...

Reaction Score
Maryland is the queen of Women's lacrosse with 13 NC's....

Of the last five national champs...Maryland has three of them and UNC two.

Reaction Score
Doesn't it increase our odds for an auto bid? Honest question because I'm not sure...

In the sense that a conference splitting into 2 means 2 auto-bids instead of 1, then yes. But it's not like UConn was finishing in 2nd place before, so it's relative.

With the AAC splitting off, the BE needed another member -- it added ODU which had been sitting in the Atlantic Sun.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
In the sense that a conference splitting into 2 means 2 auto-bids instead of 1, then yes. But it's not like UConn was finishing in 2nd place before, so it's relative.

With the AAC splitting off, the BE needed another member -- it added ODU which had been sitting in the Atlantic Sun.

Yeah, I suppose that Florida is still Florida, despite how many teams surround them in the lacrosse division. Hopefully we'll become the dominant team in the new division...

Reaction Score
Yeah, I suppose that Florida is still Florida, despite how many teams surround them in the lacrosse division. Hopefully we'll become the dominant team in the new division...
Florida is in the new conference with UConn. The main beneficiary is likely Denver, which will probably the favorite in the new Big East, along with Georgetown.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Florida is in the new conference with UConn. The main beneficiary is likely Denver, which will probably the favorite in the new Big East, along with Georgetown.

I'm aware of that. What I'm saying is that Florida is currently undefeated in our conference, and that probably wouldn't change if there are less teams in the conference.

But you're right; Denver benefits a little and the rest of our teams benefit a lot (since they all had to travel to Denver)...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom