AAC vs Other P6 Opponents 2018 | The Boneyard

AAC vs Other P6 Opponents 2018

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I like to look at these matchups annually and take a stab at how the AAC will fare. Here are the 2018 AAC vs P6 non-conference matchups (AAC team bolded below):

Week 1:

Wake Forest @ Tulane
Cincinnati
@ UCLA

Week 2:

TCU @ SMU
Arizona @ Houston
North Carolina @ ECU
Georgia Tech @ USF
Tulsa
@ Texas

Week 3:

USF @ Illinois
Temple @ Maryland
SMU @ Michigan
UCF @ North Carolina
ECU @ Virginia Tech
Houston @ Texas Tech

Week 4:

UConn @ Syracuse
Tulane @ Ohio State

Week 5:

Temple @ Boston College
Pittsburgh @ UCF

Week 8:

Tulsa @ Arkansas
Memphis @Missouri

Week 9:

Navy vs Notre Dame (San Diego, CA)

Summary:

19 total games
6 (7 if you count Navy/ND) home games
13 road games

Every team plays at least 1 P6 opponent
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my mind, the only games on here that you can immediately write off are Tulsa @ Texas, SMU @ Michigan and Tulane @ Ohio State. There are some games where the AAC team I'd say stands a "punchers chance" like Cincinnati @ UCLA and Tulsa @ Arkansas.

My guesses for winners are bolded below:

Week 1:

Wake Forest @ Tulane
Cincinnati @ UCLA

Week 2:

TCU @ SMU
Arizona @ Houston
North Carolina @ ECU
Georgia Tech @ USF
Tulsa @ Texas

Week 3:

USF @ Illinois
Temple @ Maryland
SMU @ Michigan
UCF @ North Carolina
ECU @ Virginia Tech
Houston @ Texas Tech

Week 4:

UConn @ Syracuse
Tulane @ Ohio State

Week 5:

Temple @ Boston College
Pittsburgh @ UCF

Week 8:

Tulsa @ Arkansas
Memphis
@Missouri

Week 9:

Navy vs Notre Dame (San Diego, CA)

AAC Record: 10-9

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I see 6.5 wins.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
AAC goes 5-15. Tulane over WF, UH over AZ (Coog fans still butt hurt over Sumlin's departure), USF over GT, USF over IL, and UCF over Pitt. That's all the W's I see. I hope I'm wrong and a few more can be squeezed out.

Reaction Score
I'm seeing it a little different. I do like the "punchers chance" of Cincinnati over UCLA if Cincinnati shows up with the right mindset. That could set the stage for them all year however, I agree with your Week 1 picks and a resounding 1-1 record to start the season.

Week 2: TCU over SMU, Houston over Arizona, UNC over ECU (this is the same team that lost by 20 to JMU last year), Ga Tech over USF (as long as Ga Tech's new defense doesn't hurt them: they lost to Tenn by 1 in 2 OT, Miami by 1, Clemson by 14, and Va Tech by 6 last year), and Texas over Tulsa. (Season Record: 2-5)

Week 3: Agree with all your picks. (Season Record: 4-9)

Week 4: Sadly I agree with you too. Not sure UConn has the "punchers chance" yet against the Orange. (Season Record: 4-11)

Week 5: Boston College over Temple (BC crushed Syracuse, FSU, and VA last year while Temple squeeked by Villanova and UMass while losing to Army. I don't think Temple is going to improve all that much but that is just a feeling); UCF over Pittsburgh. (Season Record: 5-12)

Week 8: Agree with your picks. (Season Record: 6-13)

Week 9: Notre Dame over Navy (Navy has only won twice since 2010 and arguably these games are close more than they are blowouts but I'm thinking even the large Navy crowd wont be enough to keep Notre Dame from the W).

AAC Record: 6-14

Drew

Reaction Score
yeah I struggled with the ECU UNC game. Both teams are absolutely awful and UNC has struggled against ECU in the past for whatever reason. Game's at ECU which is why I picked it but truthfully its a toss up

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
yeah I struggled with the ECU UNC game. Both teams are absolutely awful and UNC has struggled against ECU in the past for whatever reason. Game's at ECU which is why I picked it but truthfully its a toss up
It's very reasonable. ECU seems to always play well against their southern P5 neighbors. Then conference play comes along and they fall apart.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
No one here picked UCONN over Cuse? C'mon! This is a gap game for them! Randy hates Cuse from his years there! UCONN is a dome team!

OK, I made all of that up. But, I hate Cuse and am pulling hard, and predicting a sneak win, for the National Flag Blue and White.

Reaction Score
No one here picked UCONN over Cuse? C'mon! This is a gap game for them! Randy hates Cuse from his years there! UCONN is a dome team!

OK, I made all of that up. But, I hate Cuse and am pulling hard, and predicting a sneak win, for the National Flag Blue and White.

I hope you're right. As long as I don't have to see that video of Jonathan slicing up the oranges again I'll be good.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
SMU at Michigan is historically significant. Allegedly, SMU played at Michigan in the early/mid 1960's. Ford exec Lee Iococca attended the game. He came away impressed with SMU, which played Michigan tight despite not having as many great athletes. He was having trouble finding a name for his new sporty coupe. He decided to call it the "Mustang".

Reaction Score
SMU at Michigan is historically significant. Allegedly, SMU played at Michigan in the early/mid 1960's. Ford exec Lee Iococca attended the game. He came away impressed with SMU, which played Michigan tight despite not having as many great athletes. He was having trouble finding a name for his new sporty coupe. He decided to call it the "Mustang".

What the Ford Media Center says about the origins of the name "Mustang"...lays to rest that old tale.

It’s a Plane! It’s a Horse! No, It’s the Ford Mustang and One of the World’s Favorite Cars | Ford Media Center

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

That was the half of my 6.5.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
4E9054E6-38AE-44AB-BC04-F04F7EF97382.jpeg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Perhaps I stand corrected. But Texas is in the West. As they said in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance":

"This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend".

The Ford Edsel was named when Henry Jr watched Randy Edsall’s intraductory presser at Maryland.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
But what inspired the AMC Gremlin?

Drew

Reaction Score
Week 1:

Wake Forest @ Tulane
Cincinnati @ UCLA

Week 2:

TCU @ SMU