AAC vs ACC Bowl Game @ Fenway | The Boneyard

AAC vs ACC Bowl Game @ Fenway

Reaction Score
For the love of god let us make this bowl

The good news is it’s not until 2020 which gives us time. Would also give me a reason to step foot at Fenway (Yankees fan).

Would be a good bowl for UConn, Temple, and Navy.

UConn vs. BC would be ideal. We just need one of those vignettes to set the stage on the history between the schools.... the gut wrenching history.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Looks like it all converged.

1. Aresco pulling: The AAC desperately needed another firm bowl tie in game at a marque venue (ignoring the fact that Fenway could draw absolutely abysmal crowds for this ice bowl).
  2. Fenway Mgmt: Fenway wanted an event. Their "event " business apparently has been profitable because they keep doing all kinds of stuff.
  3. BC/ACC: The only viable conf to anchor the bowl against the AAC was the ACC. B10/SEC/etc make no sense.
This is great news for the AAC and UConn in particular.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Attendance at Fenway in Nov between BC and UConn were poor. It will probably be horrible for non local teams in late December.

Reaction Score
Haven’t y’all figured out that attendance is absolutely and completely meaningless? This is about TV ratings for ESPN and another way for Fenway Sports Groups to get Fenway on TV.

Gee whiz I really can’t believe anyone here is complaining; this is about as good of news as one could hope for in this conference.

Reaction Score
Attendance at Fenway in Nov between BC and UConn were poor. It will probably be horrible for non local teams in late December.
It wasnt bad at all considering neither team was that good and it was a miserable evening. Alternated between a cold rain and a cold drizzle. I think around 28000 in the building and I can say that everyone I met there from both sides really enjoyed the atmosphere.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It wasnt bad at all considering neither team was that good and it was a miserable evening. Alternated between a cold rain and a cold drizzle. I think around 28000 in the building and I can say that everyone I met there from both sides really enjoyed the atmosphere.

I agree. There was a pretty decent crowd there in a driving rainstorm, and on the same day as Harvard/Yale

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It was about 40 degrees and pouring rain. UConn definitely had the better turnout too. Not a sellout but by no means bad IMO.

The risk of these cold weather bowl games is always there. I think it was about 15 degrees at the Pinstripe Bowl last year.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
A36C00C4-DD5B-4E77-B9ED-346A000439CC.jpeg
UConn section

Reaction Score
Nasty night. If there were 20,000 there I would be surprised. Generally a good bowl for us, but not for much else of the league. Not a very good venue for a football game, but at least it's close.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yeah, I too was at that horrendous BC/UConn game on that horrendous cold, rainy night. I was (pleasantly) surprised at the UConn turnout to be honest. We were in the 2nd of 3 consecutive seasons of being the worst FBS program in the country and still drew a good hearty 15-20K. I know full well that 15K-20K fans is not all that "impressive" for most games/teams but for our lousy program on that lousy night and in a completely uncompetitive game, I thought it was. Just like the Army game at Yankee Stadium many years ago, 15K-20K to watch one of the absolute worst programs in FBS is downright impressive. For you forward-thinkers out there: if UConn can ever get its act together, the UConn brand is plenty strong in both New York and Boston to create raucous environments all over the northeast which drives TV rating interest regional and national which drives everything else. Now if only we didn't play the worst defense in the history of the sport.

And...I LOVE this bowl! I really hope I can get to attend it some time soon.

Reaction Score
I wrote 28 k. More like 20 in the seats. Heavy UConn presence. What I remember most is it was one of those dripping cold rains. Even when it let up a cold mist hung around. You couldn’t get warm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom