AAC upcoming TV deal will have huge ramifications for UConn, league | The Boneyard

AAC upcoming TV deal will have huge ramifications for UConn, league

Reaction Score

>>Besides the league’s recent success in football and other sports, Aresco believes there are several other factors that will get the AAC a significantly better TV pact this time around.

Back in 2013, instability was still running rampant in college sports — and nowhere more so than in what was still called the Big East. West Virginia had left the year before, and Syracuse was in its final season. Louisville and Rutgers would be sticking around for just one more year.

Worse, the so-called “Catholic 7” was still in limbo, having already announced that they would be breaking off from the rest of the league, but still unsure when. Ultimately, they were gone the following season, as well — taking the Big East name with them in exchange for a monetary payout to the remaining schools.<<

>>“There was disarray,” Aresco noted. “We were victims in the upheaval resulting from conference realignment. It was the worst time for negotiations. We weren’t sure about membership, nobody knew what we had. They didn’t know what we had in football.”<<

Reaction Score
1C4C94EA-8CAD-4F2F-9602-776FCFCBD181.gif

Reaction Score
I'd like to know what number Aresco considers "in that range".

Reaction Score
“We Love ESPN” !! ?? I know playing into your audience is key to negotiations but wow!
That comment by Aresco is concerning on several levels but if we are sucking up bcuz we think we will get the best deal from the Bristol Devil.... that doesn’t make feel much better about the next round of negotiations honestly......

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“We Love ESPN” !! ?? I know playing into your audience is key to negotiations but wow!
That comment by Aresco is concerning on several levels but if we are sucking up bcuz we think we will get the best deal from the Bristol Devil.... that doesn’t make feel much better about the next round of negotiations honestly.
If we have learned anything, we've learned not to piss off the great Satan in Bristol. They funded the evisceration of the greatest basketball conference in history, just to keep competitors from getting inventory. They are evil.

(And should never get a dollar of CT taxpayer money again, ever.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That comment by Aresco is concerning on several levels but if we are sucking up bcuz we think we will get the best deal from the Bristol Devil.... that doesn’t make feel much better about the next round of negotiations honestly.

Exactly. Someone in charge of negotiating a business deal should be focused on making public statements that make you feel good, rather than trying to drive the price up.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Someone in charge of negotiating a business deal should be focused on making public statements that make you feel good, rather than trying to drive the price up.

Thanks Capt Obvious!! Who ever said that someone should make me feel good? What is you point, or are you just being a typical D**k?

Reaction Score
If we have learned anything, we've learned not to piss off the great Satan in Bristol. They funded the evisceration of the greatest basketball conference in history, just to keep competitors from getting inventory. They are evil.

(And should never get a dollar of CT taxpayer money again, ever.)

That would not have possible if the BE wasn't run by a group of morons in Providence who thought the top priority was protecting Friar basketball.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That would not have possible if the BE wasn't run by a group of morons in Providence who thought the top priority was protecting Friar basketball.
Not so sure. When you have an entity that can control the public dialog with virtually unlimited resources (at the time) committed to promoting their house band, I'm not sure how competent management would change that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom