AAC Travel | The Boneyard

AAC Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How did we get into this mess of a conference?

The closest team geographically to us is Temple at 230 miles away. And that's by far the closest. Next closest is East Carolina 644 miles. Cincinnati is 800 miles away. Memphis and the Florida schools are at least 1200 miles. The Texas schools, Tulsa, and Tulane are all around 1500 miles away, and Houston is the furthest of the bunch at 1800 miles. That's an average of 2400 miles round trip for each away game.

Are we not appreciating the difficulty of this road travel? Does that help explain some of the difficulties we've had winning this conference with teams we've thought to be more talented? Even when you play at home, you will still be jetlagged or travel sore.

We traveled to Cincinnati (and back?), then South Florida, back to Connecticut, and then to Dallas, Texas in the span of 2 weeks. Unsurprisingly we lost 3/4.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I think travel definitely effects performance. Don't know how it wouldn't.

Reaction Score
How did we get into this mess of a conference?

The closest team geographically to us is Temple at 230 miles away. And that's by far the closest. Next closest is East Carolina 644 miles. Cincinnati is 800 miles away. Memphis and the Florida schools are at least 1200 miles. The Texas schools, Tulsa, and Tulane are all around 1500 miles away, and Houston is the furthest of the bunch at 1800 miles. That's an average of 2400 miles round trip for each away game.

Are we not appreciating the difficulty of this road travel? Does that help explain some of the difficulties we've had winning this conference with teams we've thought to be more talented? Even when you play at home, you will still be jetlagged or travel sore.

We traveled to Cincinnati (and back?), then South Florida, back to Connecticut, and then to Dallas, Texas in the span of 2 weeks. Unsurprisingly we lost 3/4.

I'm glad that someone finally brought up this conference situation.

Reaction Score
Your "miles per road game calculation" doesn't seem to factor in road trips. For instance, presumably when we played Tulsa on 1/14 and then Houston on 1/17 we didn't fly back and forth for both of those.

In any case, we all know the conference is s***, so thanks for the millionth topic on it.

Reaction Score
I'm glad that someone finally brought up this conference situation.

You're welcome.

I'm grappling with the fact that UConn has finished 6th, 6th, and tied for 3rd in this awful conference. I did a search and there were no threads about travel.

But thanks for being a dick about it.

Your "miles per road game calculation" doesn't seem to factor in road trips. For instance, presumably when we played Tulsa on 1/14 and then Houston on 1/17 we didn't fly back and forth for both of those.
In any case, we all know the conference is s***, so thanks for the millionth topic on it.

It doesn't.

This is another specific reason why it sucks that hasn't been talked about enough, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
While any conference except the B12 and Pac12 would present an easier traveling situation, the reason you dont hear many complaints is that we want to go to an even more difficult travel conference (the B12), & other spots like the Big East and ACC also present certain travel difficulties. Don't forget the BE now has a team from Nebraska, Indiana, Illinois and Wisconsin. They add another midwestern team quite soon.

Reaction Score
I brought this up last year and think it is a huge factor for the entire league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom